So... Online play...

#1ToastyToastyPosted 10/4/2012 5:44:10 PM(edited)
Before I get too excited about this, I can't help but think back to Tri. Now, in the west the online was free to play, which seems like common sense until finding out that the JP version was 5 bucks a month to play online.

Do we have to worry about that kind of thing for this game? Or is it just a given that it'll be free to play online in the west or in both territories?
#2DoktoroktopusPosted 10/4/2012 7:42:07 PM
It'll be free in NA. It'd be bad PR to make it pay-to-play.
---
Cyrus is playing Dungeon Siege III for some reason!
#3bulbinkingPosted 10/4/2012 9:27:26 PM
I think the main reason its p2p in japan is because they could get away with it over there.
The Japanese consumer base is waaaaaay more brainwashed then here in the states.
---
Hunted hunters hunting hunted hunters...
#4TentionPosted 10/5/2012 7:16:49 AM
I'm thinking it's subscription based in Japan, simply because there is a vast amount more players over there than there is here. Their servers need much more maintenance to handle the load, so to speak, thus the fee.

..and even if that's not the case, they can get away with it because Japan loves the Hunt. it's one of the most popular series over there. (I wish the same could be said for the rest of the world...)
---
my game collection:
http://www.gamespot.com/users/Tention/games_table?mode=own
#5teknic1200Posted 10/5/2012 8:37:50 AM
that's the price they have to pay in order to get totally overwhelmed with monster hunter games.

i'd pay to have all the options that have, they are getting a new Frontier next year! D':
---
Today is the Tomorrow you were promised Yesterday
#6xWazManxPosted 10/5/2012 8:51:26 AM
Didnt the japanese version have like 12 people per city?
Making the 'party' chat whisper actually useful.
---
"Just because IGN gives Call of Battlefield Modern Toadfare 7: Dubstep Zombie edition Map Pack 4 a 15/10 doesn't mean it's good." - Manthony