Quick question: Will monsters+ be online only?

#1Link HTPosted 10/26/2012 9:11:45 PM
Not that it's a big issue but back in Tri offline became obsolete outside cadeus and the farm >_>
---
http://i.imgur.com/Tx1FX.jpg
#2CODwiiiVIP123Posted 10/26/2012 9:40:07 PM(edited)
I believe you can hunt high rank and g-rank monsters offline, I know you can on the 3ds version and the WiiU version is an hd port with an online option added so I'd say yeah
#3Parukia256Posted 10/26/2012 10:04:35 PM(edited)
This is a port of TriG. Low to G Rank are all available offline.
---
Love like winter.
#4Link HT(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2012 10:42:59 PM
Hell yeah, that's amazing news. Thanks for the quick replies
---
http://i.imgur.com/Tx1FX.jpg
#5ToastyToastyPosted 10/27/2012 2:09:46 AM
That's interesting news, but it seems like a redundant feature to have since you could play online by yourself in Tri as well. I can't really see the difference between playing High Rank/G Rank offline and playing them online solo.

And I take it progress will still be separate on both sides? I remember the most annoying part about Tri being that even after making my way through the offline quests, the game simply wanted me to do all the same ones again online, this time with added HR grinding that kept me from staying synced with some of my friends online who started earlier/later than I did.
#6xWazManxPosted 10/27/2012 2:28:20 AM
ToastyToasty posted...
That's interesting news, but it seems like a redundant feature to have since you could play online by yourself in Tri as well. I can't really see the difference between playing High Rank/G Rank offline and playing them online solo.

And I take it progress will still be separate on both sides? I remember the most annoying part about Tri being that even after making my way through the offline quests, the game simply wanted me to do all the same ones again online, this time with added HR grinding that kept me from staying synced with some of my friends online who started earlier/later than I did.

I think its so when servers go down, you can still play the quests.
Look at the original MH. You cannot fight any of the elder dragons because they were all online only.
I know that they let you fight them in the more recent games, but for completions sake you cannot not 100% the original without using cheats or something.
---
"Just because IGN gives Call of Battlefield Modern Toadfare 7: Dubstep Zombie edition Map Pack 4 a 15/10 doesn't mean it's good." - Manthony
#7ToastyToastyPosted 10/27/2012 2:34:31 AM
Fair enough. I hadn't really taken servers into account.
#8CODwiiiVIP123Posted 10/27/2012 10:22:05 AM
And also, depending on whether mh3u hd uses Tri's "city(room) system", it frees up some online room slots from people wanting to solo high-rank or g-rank quests, which allows more room slots for 2-4 player online hunting parties
#9SteffardPosted 11/2/2012 1:15:54 PM
G-Rank is NOT available offline.
I have the Japanese version of 3G on 3DS and I beat the entire offline mode. Low & High Rank are enough to keep you busy for a while, though. (especially the last 2 quests in offline mode, they're insane)
#10OmicronwastakinPosted 11/2/2012 3:27:23 PM
Steffard posted...
G-Rank is NOT available offline.
I have the Japanese version of 3G on 3DS and I beat the entire offline mode. Low & High Rank are enough to keep you busy for a while, though. (especially the last 2 quests in offline mode, they're insane)

So, how do you know G-Rank won't be in the Wii-U version.
---
Monster Hunter Tri Name: Ajenla
Kid Icarus Uprising Name: Omicron