For those who started with Tri and tried MHFU later.

#31unnamedFerPosted 11/12/2012 8:04:08 PM
Gotta agree to CrmsnFatalis96 on the environments.

Just comprae tri's desert to the 2nd gen desert. Not to mention monsters in Tri only go to very few areas of the whole maps.

Tough I hated that forest that started on mh1 and returned on some of the other games (extremely small areas with bushes that block the camera)
---
http://killer7.6.forumer.com/
#32coachrochePosted 11/12/2012 8:15:37 PM
You're literally just an idiot if you prefer to 1st and 2nd gen environments to 3rd gen

What exactly is fun about spending 3 minutes running across a desert to get 10 hits on Diablos before he heads back to the otherside of the map, or spending a full minute climbing up ivy vines to start the quest every time a quest was in the snow mountains, or being literally unable to even see Rathalos when he spent half the fight camped out in that forest and hills corridor

Or anything about the swamp
---
Official Character that no one likes because I got to the board too late to get one of the main characters of some video game that will probably be terrible.
#33ssbmrocksPosted 11/13/2012 10:22:24 AM
I'm one of those who started with Tri and then got MHFU a few months later.

Your post pretty much sums up how I felt about it. I loved Tri and wanted more, and Unite definitely gave me more, but it was far less polished. And yeah, I had a hard time doing any G rank stuff by myself (I played on Ad Hoc Party a lot, I own a PS3 luckily).

I say I still prefer Tri more, but I did love FU (and all of the other weapon types that were excluded from Tri were awesome).
---
Them ain't your funyuns, them's Foxxy's funyuns.
#34CrmsnFatalis96Posted 11/13/2012 10:42:30 AM
coachroche posted...
You're literally just an idiot if you prefer to 1st and 2nd gen environments to 3rd gen

What exactly is fun about spending 3 minutes running across a desert to get 10 hits on Diablos before he heads back to the otherside of the map, or spending a full minute climbing up ivy vines to start the quest every time a quest was in the snow mountains, or being literally unable to even see Rathalos when he spent half the fight camped out in that forest and hills corridor

Or anything about the swamp

I'm talking about aesthetic. It is clear that the earlier games had more work put into making the environments lush and realistic. As you said (and as I said), however, they were a pain to fight in, and that's why they changed them.

I really like the aesthetic of the old environments, I also don't mind fighting in them. I would prefer that they were convenient to hunt in and well designed, and that's why I'm excited for MH4 because I think they will accomplish that.

BTW, I completely agree with you about the swamp. I hate that place with every fiber of my being, especially in the original game where every area is loaded with either 10 bullfangos or 20 regenerating preys.
#35SMT_MasochistPosted 11/25/2012 2:10:47 AM
Always though MH was a PSO rip so never played it until Tri (one of the few games I bought for the wii). Became a god and thought I could dominate the older ones so I downloaded FU for the Vita. Boy was I wrong. I don't know what it is but I couldn't get into it. Maybe it was harder or cheesier or I don't know. I can't wait for 4 and I may pick this up again if the wiiU is dry around that time.

But to answer your question. My experience was terrible. The analogs on the vita are too sensitive and the game was too rough around the edges for me.
---
Games: WO3, Ragnarok, BLOPS2, AC3, PS Allstars, BM:AC, ZombiU
PS3/Vita/WiiU: ENDBOSS78 3DS: 1375-7216-3398
#36LokarinPosted 11/25/2012 10:29:41 AM
I couldn't even play MHFU... 'cuz of the loading times.

Didn't have a memory card big enough to install to.
---
This message has been brought to you by salt.
"Salt cures Everything!"
#37sheimi12Posted 11/25/2012 11:28:30 AM
It took awhile to get the hang of FU but once I did it wasn't hard at all or at least not nearly as hard as everyone seems to think

More positioning less dodging
---
brawl FC:3824-8827-5872
MH tri name: Marth ID:XPDB9H