"Aim for the legs!"

#1Supercuaco666Posted 11/8/2012 4:57:56 PM
Why exactly does the trailer show a group fighting a green Plesioth, someone saying " aim for the legs", and then a hammer user starts hitting them with the spin attack? Doesn't Capcom realize what it's doing!?
---
I'm apparently horse food.
#2CrmsnFatalis96Posted 11/8/2012 6:03:39 PM
You must not watch very many of Capcom's MH gameplay videos. The players are almost always incompetent and/or skill-less.
#3pingomalikPosted 11/9/2012 6:47:33 PM
CrmsnFatalis96 posted...
You must not watch very many of Capcom's MH gameplay videos. The players are almost always incompetent and/or skill-less.

---
(V) (;,,;) (V)
---
#4JMC611Posted 11/9/2012 9:17:35 PM
CrmsnFatalis96 posted...

Even the intro's show incompetent hunters. MH2's intro has a guy(Among other people) fighting Kushala daora with the bone set. With a bone hunting horn no less. MH3U's intro has something similar except its Bracchidos instead.
#5AngryOldFeralPosted 11/10/2012 1:27:12 AM
^^

P3rd's didn't really have any grand examples of incompetence, though. It basically boils down to: "Guy's trying to grill his meats. Giant bear walks in, and wants those meats. They fight. Girl shows up and shoots bear. Meats are protected. High-five!"

... though to be technical, the guy with the LS couldn't even get his blade to white on Aoashira, so yeah, he sucks.

Dammit, you guys are still right. Nevermind.
---
Smoking Ghost / Feral Manx
Proud Outcast of Capcom Unity
#6pingomalikPosted 11/10/2012 1:23:18 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7CrmsnFatalis96Posted 11/10/2012 3:31:26 PM
You know, it almost makes me wonder, does Capcom even know what they're doing when they make these games, or is it just by pure chance that they made such an awesome series?

I guess someone at Capcom must know what they're doing (some of the actual developers) but every stinking trailer they that release has only unskilled players. You'd think the creators of the game would at least know that hitting a Tigrex's head is better than hitting his chest (which, if you watch some of the MH4 trailers, you can see that they don't know. Tigrex is knocked over, completely vulnerable, and they go for his chest instead of the head).
#8vital_tundraPosted 11/10/2012 6:22:12 PM
CrmsnFatalis96 posted...
You know, it almost makes me wonder, does Capcom even know what they're doing when they make these games, or is it just by pure chance that they made such an awesome series?

I guess someone at Capcom must know what they're doing (some of the actual developers) but every stinking trailer they that release has only unskilled players. You'd think the creators of the game would at least know that hitting a Tigrex's head is better than hitting his chest (which, if you watch some of the MH4 trailers, you can see that they don't know. Tigrex is knocked over, completely vulnerable, and they go for his chest instead of the head).

Im sure they know what they are doing, the MH devs seem to be one of the very few teams at Capcom with any ounce of competence
---
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.
#9CrmsnFatalis96Posted 11/10/2012 6:52:49 PM
vital_tundra posted...
Im sure they know what they are doing, the MH devs seem to be one of the very few teams at Capcom with any ounce of competence

Yeah, I know. I just can't understand why they wouldn't have some decent players in their trailers.
#10LaMafiacciPosted 11/10/2012 9:46:55 PM
CrmsnFatalis96 posted...
vital_tundra posted...

Yeah, I know. I just can't understand why they wouldn't have some decent players in their trailers.

I haven't played a monster hunter game before (definitely interested in this one) so this is complete speculation but, unless I'm mistaken, one of the big thrills to the game is figuring out the correct way to tackle each monster? By having mediocre players purposely fight the creatures wrong, there are no spoilers on how to correctly handle any enemy.

...nah, that's much too outlandish.
---
http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t418/NewLarry/KuriboFantasy.jpg
http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t418/NewLarry/001.jpg