My monster hunter dream project

#1Ruins72Posted 11/26/2012 10:26:11 AM
I want to create an arena based training tool that teaches you how to

-develop positioning skills for maximum damage output

- to moi properly(by highlighting frames of invincibility)You can toggle this effect so you can learn to fight more naturally.

The idea is you enter the arena, pick what monster/monsters to fight out of all the series' monsters(Not frontier), and you try to better your time and damage output every time you fight.

-Monster can be fought at all the usual ranks (Low, High, G)

-Armor skills can be toggled in the training area so you can see how they affect the way the hunt plays out.

Another thing I wanted to do but that I'm not 100% sure about is putting my own creation. It's main I guess you could say "gimmick" would be it's ability to change form and utilize the attacks of any boss monster from the series and chain them together. I think that would help keep the fight engaging and force you to constantly adapt since it won't have a set pattern.

any thoughts and /or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
#2pingomalikPosted 11/26/2012 2:32:57 PM
Would be fun, and help out the beginners.
I approve of the idea.
---
(V) (;,,;) (V)
---
#3GustotronPosted 11/28/2012 11:30:41 AM
They already made this, it's called the arena.
#4ElvisH88Posted 11/28/2012 4:28:11 PM
Hell, my dream is to make an actual movie based on the game series, along with a bunch of other game franchises.
---
Ninty/Xbox/PS
#5roboman125Posted 11/28/2012 8:46:49 PM
ElvisH88 posted...
Hell, my dream is to make an actual movie based on the game series, along with a bunch of other game franchises.

This, or at least some BA CG cutscenes or full length battle animations.
Hell, even if they gave you a choice finisher for every weapon type on every monster. Id definitely switch things up in my game play for that.
---
Roboman GE:007- 3899 1833 4924
#6AvatarOfBaganPosted 11/28/2012 10:39:44 PM
ElvisH88 posted...

They you might like the fact that the there are plans for a Monster Hunter movie in the works by the director of the Resident evil series of movies (which capcom owns as well if you didn't know).

It's still just rumors in the grapevine at this point...

But hey, considering that MH has, like, NO story, it does leave room for lots of battle sequences, though they might go with the simple idea of " ____ is causing trouble for the ____ village! We need hunters! Call the guild!"

Much akin to the village quest progression for Moga Village.
---
"Nonsense, Bagan cannot be defeated". - Aliens: Super Godzilla
Kool Frostbyte - XBL gamer tag.