The difficulty has me turned off on this game...

#1AceProsecutorPosted 12/15/2012 9:39:29 AM
I didn't like Dark Souls because of the difficulty. I would get very angry and I don't like games that are too difficult because all they do is get me angry. My question is, can I work so that this game is not difficult, or can I adjust the difficulty in any way, or do anything to decrease it? Or am I stuck doing the same difficult situations over and over until I beat them? I don't mind grinding, if I can grind until something is easy for me then that's ok/ But I hate being forced to do something at it's most difficult level with no choice about it. Basically I'm asking, can I fight really easy monsters over and over and over again to get better gear, so that the harder monsters eventually become easy?
---
Athainir, King of the Valenwood forests
Wanna buy a stick? I gotta fresh one right here. No? Then what can I do for ya?
#2KaiserLionheartPosted 12/15/2012 9:58:54 AM
pletny of easy mode games out there, just be glad you didnt play games back on regular nintendo etc. you die game over start from the begining
---
GT:Lionheart1118
Did you see that? I just fired off 700 rounds of freaking logic
#3AceProsecutor(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2012 10:02:15 AM
KaiserLionheart posted...
pletny of easy mode games out there, just be glad you didnt play games back on regular nintendo etc. you die game over start from the begining

Well my question is that is there any form of grinding in this game?
---
#4ShyvanaPosted 12/15/2012 10:09:53 AM
From: AceProsecutor | Posted: 12/15/2012 1:02:15 PM | #003
KaiserLionheart posted...

Well my question is that is there any form of grinding in this game?

For rubies and other rare items? Probs.
---
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/9412/comeatmebro1.png
didn't america win the civil war? - lunarknight64 (Posted 11/10/2009 3:15:32 PM)
#5DragonswkapPosted 12/15/2012 10:10:32 AM
With Monster Hunter Grinding has a different outcome. You will eventually be so much stonger than the lesser monsters that they are a pushover, but you can't for instance, grind the lower ones to make the higher ones seem weaker. In Terms of Grinding, it all comes down to eventually you will memorize how a monster fights and learn how to fight them, and they will just... seem easier.

I ussually die and fail a few times when I first fight a monster because I don't know how it attacks, what it does when enraged, etc... but I learn and eventually know how to deal with it. Then they become easier.
---
Pokemon HeartGold FC: 3395 5826 5484 Name: Jack
#6AceProsecutor(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2012 10:15:38 AM
Dragonswkap posted...
With Monster Hunter Grinding has a different outcome. You will eventually be so much stonger than the lesser monsters that they are a pushover, but you can't for instance, grind the lower ones to make the higher ones seem weaker. In Terms of Grinding, it all comes down to eventually you will memorize how a monster fights and learn how to fight them, and they will just... seem easier.

I ussually die and fail a few times when I first fight a monster because I don't know how it attacks, what it does when enraged, etc... but I learn and eventually know how to deal with it. Then they become easier.

Hmm...alright. That seems ok. I didn't like Dark Souls mostly because of the fact that I had to redo a bunch of stuff whenever I died just because I messed up on one thing. When a monster kills me, do I have to redo a bunch of stuff or can I just jump right in and try it again?

Also, will the difficulty keep me from enjoying the game in general? Like, would you say it's TOO hard at times? I'm going to get this game either way, I just want to know what to expect from it.
---
#7Pots_TogoPosted 12/15/2012 10:33:35 AM
This game is based entirely on your skill level.

most of the skills you get from armor just cushion a personal handicap of yours, very few offer flat out killing power. for example, crit draw and sharpness on a great sword is only good if you dont miss. So lets say you suck at hitting weak spots and really can only hit the broad side of a monster, quick sheath and something like esp or speed sharpen would do you better than crit draw and sharpness, since you suck so much that you wont get the most out of that damage, your compensating by saying ok well ill make it so all hits land and when that wears my blade it wont slow me down.

all kind of a crude example but long story short = skill > raw damage, element damage, crits, and bullet types. you can have the best gear in the game but if you dont pick up the basic mechanic of "heres where i hit and look at its tell its about to hit me i should move", you will not like MH
#8AceProsecutor(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2012 10:43:25 AM
Pots_Togo posted...
This game is based entirely on your skill level.

most of the skills you get from armor just cushion a personal handicap of yours, very few offer flat out killing power. for example, crit draw and sharpness on a great sword is only good if you dont miss. So lets say you suck at hitting weak spots and really can only hit the broad side of a monster, quick sheath and something like esp or speed sharpen would do you better than crit draw and sharpness, since you suck so much that you wont get the most out of that damage, your compensating by saying ok well ill make it so all hits land and when that wears my blade it wont slow me down.

all kind of a crude example but long story short = skill > raw damage, element damage, crits, and bullet types. you can have the best gear in the game but if you dont pick up the basic mechanic of "heres where i hit and look at its tell its about to hit me i should move", you will not like MH

Well I'm pretty good at action games and weak spots and dodging and etc. so I should be ok. I get the hang of that kind of stuff pretty quickly. Anyways thanks for the help everyone
---
#9RelixedPosted 12/15/2012 10:48:24 AM
AceProsecutor posted...
When a monster kills me, do I have to redo a bunch of stuff or can I just jump right in and try it again?

You get three lifes. If you still fail you just some money, items you used and return to town.

And, I thought Dark Souls was pretty cheap with difficulty.
---
~Relix
#10sting__artPosted 12/15/2012 11:35:17 AM
This game is really awesome in the fact that you don't level up. You just get better equipment from the monsters you have slain. So this means that killing a monster for the first time is difficult because you do not have the materials he or she drop for better gear. Because weak monsters don't drop good materials for good gear, all the stronger monsters are difficult. But once you have beaten a stronger monster and gotten its materials to craft better gear you have advanced to the next stage. With your new gear the old monsters will be easy even if you get hit most of the time.

And of course, its about learning how monsters work. But that comes almost automatically if you can learn from your mistakes, and who do that can't right? The game is never cheap in the way that you have to do some precise dodges. You can always read when something is see attacks coming and you react accordingly. This means that when you get how to beat a monster, you just get it. Its not difficult because there are cheap mechanics, no. Its difficult because you have to learn how monsters work.