The difficulty has me turned off on this game...

#21SMT_MasochistPosted 12/15/2012 9:46:15 PM(edited)
In the beginning it's tough alone but if you can get a party and attempt genocide on the early boss monsters (Ludo and the velociraptor) you can make their weapons and armor making future bosses "easier". Keep doing that on the mid monsters and the end monsters will be a breeze.

Honestly it's all about memorizing attack patterns. Once you have that down it doesn't matter what your armor is. Weapons still count if you want to kill before time expires.

I beat the entire game with my first earned armor set (yellow hoodie from Ludo) just because I liked the look. It was a pain with monsters that had fire attacks (almost all of them) or were in the desert but that's where the trial and error comes into play.

Afterwards I grinded for Agna's sharpness set and the game was easy mode.
---
Games: WO3, Ragnarok, BLOPS2, PS Allstars, BM:AC, NG:RE
PS3/Vita/WiiU: ENDBOSS78 3DS: 1375-7216-3398
#22xLinkkuPosted 12/15/2012 10:17:32 PM
This is tons easier than dark souls.
---
Patiently waiting for-> Fire Emblem: Awakening, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Monster Hunter 3U, Monster Hunter 4
#23teknic1200Posted 12/16/2012 4:39:06 AM
xLinkku posted...

i never hit walls in darksouls and everything after S+O is a breeze with the exception of 4 kings++++ and higher.
---
Today is the Tomorrow you were promised Yesterday
#24NidoDariusPosted 12/16/2012 5:46:46 AM
xLinkku posted...

Definitely agree. I got dark souls cause someone said it would be a breeze if I could play monster hunter. I still have nightmares about that stupid game.
#25R_ChampPosted 12/16/2012 9:02:42 AM
I found watching videos before the release of Tri to be a big help with the initial learning curve. I was new to the series but managed to destroy the first two or three monsters without too much trouble because I already knew how to time basic attacks and manage item usage (probably one of the hardest things for beginners).

I also learned that you actually have to be good by the time you get to end-game monsters like Alatreon. I can't tell you how many people I teamed up with would just spam "wall, wall, wall, wall, wall." in the text box while Ala was in rage mode. Baffled me how they got that far in the game.
#26vyseskiesPosted 12/16/2012 11:23:12 AM
the normal game isn't that hard, you can beat it without many problems. Just the extra content, like G rank missions are challenging.
---
Hail Monster Hunter Franchise! Hail One Piece!
<3
#27Raven_ShikumiPosted 12/16/2012 5:29:41 PM
Only reason people whine about 4 kings is because they think they don't have to adapt.

It's all well and good to block and counter/bide your time on other bosses. Four Kings is a rushdown kill it as quickly as you can boss.

Dark Souls is not hard, it just requires people to be careful.
---
Mowowowow.
#28teknic1200Posted 12/17/2012 4:45:58 AM
Raven_Shikumi posted...
Only reason people whine about 4 kings is because they think they don't have to adapt.

It's all well and good to block and counter/bide your time on other bosses. Four Kings is a rushdown kill it as quickly as you can boss.

Dark Souls is not hard, it just requires people to be careful.

four kings are hard (if you stay sl120) around ng++++, from there on any magic attack that touches you is a one shot back to the bonfire.
---
Today is the Tomorrow you were promised Yesterday
#29xXDa-KidXxPosted 12/17/2012 3:49:28 PM
Is this game really that hard?
---
NNID: xXDaKidXx (The Wonderful 101 Board needs more people)
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/DaKidWiiTrailers <--[Updates, Trailers, Reviews, and more!]
#30unnamedFerPosted 12/17/2012 3:52:21 PM
I dont think but you cant make much mistakes since 3 deaths is mission over and usually it only needs 4 to 5 hits to die.
---
http://killer7.6.forumer.com/