The difficulty has me turned off on this game...

#51teknic1200Posted 12/24/2012 5:27:45 AM
thanatos313 posted...
Wow, i keep hearing people say that monster hunter is a "hardcore" series but if during fights if you can just be like "herpaderpa derp derp" and a noob like yourself prevails... casuallllllllllll

(please bear in mind im not saying MH is bad, im just making some comparisons and points, so try not to be too butthurt)

in dark souls you can summon someone else into your game and leach of them.

what you just described there is a leach. if you had a room full of herp-a-derps or those kids were playing solo they'd time out and never kill anything.

the monsters have a boat load of health. bosses in dark souls were a push over. dark souls is the easier game.
---
Today is the Tomorrow you were promised Yesterday
#52andodelPosted 12/24/2012 6:28:49 AM
Honestly, the games not that hard. I mean, 4-5 star single player quests can be a bit daunting, but play the multiplayer to get good armor/weapons and you'll have no problem.
---
3DS FC= 0774-4348-2965 PM me with your FC if you want to be friends.
#53Ulyaoth74Posted 12/24/2012 1:07:03 PM
teknic1200 posted...
dark souls was an easy game, you just need to take is slow and fish enemies out one at a time. it's not cheap at all. you also saved everything if you died so you never lost anything except your progress across an extremely short path from fire to fire.

Bolded section is not an opinion, it is a false statement.
---
"Can you draw two M&Ms fighting with katanas?" -Me
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/9606/mmfight.png -aDubiousNotion
#54thanatos313Posted 12/24/2012 3:33:50 PM
Ulyaoth74 posted...
teknic1200 posted...
dark souls was an easy game, you just need to take is slow and fish enemies out one at a time. it's not cheap at all. you also saved everything if you died so you never lost anything except your progress across an extremely short path from fire to fire.

Bolded section is not an opinion, it is a false statement.

"hey look, these guys have no problem with the game at all and its incredibly easy for them but i died, THIS GAME IS CHEAP!"
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/thanatos313games
#55Ulyaoth74Posted 12/25/2012 4:50:44 PM
thanatos313 posted...
"hey look, these guys have no problem with the game at all and its incredibly easy for them but i died, THIS GAME IS CHEAP!"

I looked at all of your comments in this topic and it's easy to see you are an extreme dick. You must be very proud at your skills in this video game.
---
#56thanatos313Posted 12/25/2012 6:01:48 PM
Ulyaoth74 posted...
thanatos313 posted...

I looked at all of your comments in this topic and it's easy to see you are an extreme dick. You must be very proud at your skills in this video game.

no, im just trying to figure out why everyone just goes "OMG SO HARD ITS CHEAP RAWR" at the simple mention of dark souls, then when i try to tell people to simply stop playing stupid they get butthurt and it escalates into a huge argument.
---
#57SolidHaseoPosted 12/25/2012 7:08:13 PM
This will be my first Monster Hunter, I played Dark Souls till after 1st boss then got stuck in endless loop because I accidentally hit guy outside portal but just that first bit was cheap IMO, only other MH-esque game I've played is God Eater Burst and I think I stopped playing halfway through it's storyline because it was hard but I really just attribute it to PSP's weird controls for it (and I hated solo or 1 NPC missions), I honestly enjoyed it though, tried to do every damn mission there was just for gear. I just generally hate 2 or more "super" enemies when I'm solo, i don't have good reflexes and I generally never play a game on anything higher than normal (exception is GOW3, don't think there are any others....)
---
Awaiting:MGR, DmC, AR, DS3, GOWA, ToX
Playing: DMC4, IF2, AC3, RE6, ME3, H4
#58AngryOldFeralPosted 12/25/2012 7:55:49 PM
I find MH way easier than DrkS. In MH, your goal is pretty straightforward... go find this monster. Hunt it. Hit it until it dies/capture it. You may have to deal with some annoying minions, but the smaller monsters aren't really as obnoxious as they were in Unite, so that again is a moot point (G-Rank minions in Unite got me killed a lot... not so much in Tri or P3rd) ...

Dark Souls on the other hand, the first time around is brutal until you learn the ropes. When you're flying blind and don't know every trap, enemy behavioral patterns or boss moveset it's pretty intense. That first experience of dealing with the Anor Londo archers, or going through Sen's Fortress or Tomb of The Giants is pretty crazy. Or when you fought O&S for the first time, killed one, and were like: "WHAT THE HELL!?!" when the other became more powerful.

I guess the exploration aspects of it with death around every corner if you played stupidly was a lot more intense of an experience than MH games. Then again, once you've beaten the game once and know every little secret, are familiar with the areas and enemy movesets... it really loses that intensity.
---
Smoking Ghost / Feral Manx
Proud Outcast of Capcom Unity
#59Ulyaoth74Posted 12/27/2012 2:06:16 PM
thanatos313 posted...
no, im just trying to figure out why everyone just goes "OMG SO HARD ITS CHEAP RAWR" at the simple mention of dark souls.

What I'm trying to figure out is how you fought the Bed of Chaos and don't think it's cheap.
---
#60thanatos313Posted 12/27/2012 11:45:46 PM
Ulyaoth74 posted...
thanatos313 posted...
no, im just trying to figure out why everyone just goes "OMG SO HARD ITS CHEAP RAWR" at the simple mention of dark souls.

What I'm trying to figure out is how you fought the Bed of Chaos and don't think it's cheap.

"timing is everything"
---