Monster Hunter Tri

#1Versal1331Posted 12/17/2012 11:04:59 AM
Ok, so I am an old monster hunter vet. I started with Monster Hunter Freedom and managed to get around 2,000 hours spread out across Freedom 1, Freedom 2, and Freedom Unite, but after that I stopped. I picked up Tri when it was released, but never got into it because of other issues in life and eventually sold it with my Wii. Now that I have a Wii U, I am really looking forward to Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, but I would like something to hold me off until then. My question is do you think getting Monster Hunter Tri and playing it for the next 3 months would ruin the experience of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate?
#2CrmsnFatalis96Posted 12/17/2012 11:38:52 AM
Versal1331 posted...
Ok, so I am an old monster hunter vet. I started with Monster Hunter Freedom and managed to get around 2,000 hours spread out across Freedom 1, Freedom 2, and Freedom Unite, but after that I stopped. I picked up Tri when it was released, but never got into it because of other issues in life and eventually sold it with my Wii. Now that I have a Wii U, I am really looking forward to Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, but I would like something to hold me off until then. My question is do you think getting Monster Hunter Tri and playing it for the next 3 months would ruin the experience of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate?

It wouldn't ruin the experience, but it would certainly diminish it, a lot.

You also cannot bring Tri data over to MH3U, so you will have to do everything over again (there are more monsters interspersed throughout, however).
#3sting__artPosted 12/17/2012 12:35:07 PM
Its been 2 years since i last played MH:Tri and i'm not going to play it right now. Diminishing my experience and getting my MH fix right before a new release would definitely be a bad choice.
#4BeysusPosted 12/17/2012 1:35:22 PM
No, just wait a little longer and experience MH3U with all your hype, you won't be disappointed!
#5DryMaltExtractPosted 12/17/2012 2:13:18 PM
Maybe play Portable 3rd to get acquainted with the new movesets?
#6spikejetedPosted 12/17/2012 4:31:08 PM
Well being that the game will probably be pushed back forever, I say get tri and love it!
---
Pokemon White FC: 5415-0064-0126
#7Midnight_ManiacPosted 12/20/2012 7:31:52 AM
spikejeted posted...
the game will probably be pushed back forever

Lolwut?
---
MH Tri (EU), Pelan (ID: EUD8JK)
#8NidoDariusPosted 12/20/2012 4:58:18 PM
CrmsnFatalis96 posted...
Versal1331 posted...

It wouldn't ruin the experience, but it would certainly diminish it, a lot.

You also cannot bring Tri data over to MH3U, so you will have to do everything over again (there are more monsters interspersed throughout, however).

Yeah, cause playing a game that's missing 4 weapons and has 35 less monsters and runs at around 480p will surely diminish it.
#9XCrimsonSamuraiPosted 12/20/2012 9:25:14 PM
I don't see how it could diminish your experience at all. Maybe if you had a year to grind all the monsters in Tri over and over again like everyone else has done, it'd diminish the experience, since that's like, most of the monsters the game offers (because of subs and whatnot), save for some new additions.

If you start playing now up to the time of release, it shouldn't be too bad. There's still all the new weapons and monsters to enjoy, as well as harder quests when the game does come out.
---
PSN ID: CrimsonSamuraiX