Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - What's Different from Tri? FAQ

#41UlNinPosted 2/14/2013 2:21:28 PMmessage detail
If someone could confirm, but it looks like there's no Wiimote-nunchuk control scheme for Ultimate.
---
Confession Time: I am a button masher
#42rayneotaconPosted 2/14/2013 7:05:15 PMmessage detail
If you can use the old CCP, then you should be able to Wii-chuck. No one ever mentions the Wii-chuck because it is terrible.
#43UlNinPosted 2/15/2013 6:29:14 AMmessage detail
rayneotacon posted...
If you can use the old CCP, then you should be able to Wii-chuck. No one ever mentions the Wii-chuck because it is terrible.

Thanks for asserting your opinion as fact. I was mostly a mouse and keyboard guy so I had no attachment to "classic" style controllers. I tried all three control schemes on Tri and Freestyle nunchuk controls suited me best. Maybe if you didn't have thousands of hours of dual analog stick indoctrination then you'd understand. For example, simultaneously moving, controlling the camera and attacking is trivial with this control scheme. And you get to hold the controllers the way they were designed to be held!

Anyways, I am pretty sure that Wiimote-nunchuk controls are not supported. It's a 3DS port with new weapon types. The "OMG waggle lol" bias of folks like you probably helped justify bumping freestyle controls for Dual Swords, Bow, Gunlance and Hunting Horn off the priority list. Plus I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere on Unity.

Right, here it is:
http://www.capcom-unity.com/monster_hunter/go/thread/view/7451/29633911/prefered-control-method-for-3u
---
#44rayneotaconPosted 2/15/2013 2:10:24 PMmessage detail
900 hours of Wii-chucking experience here. Af ter an hour or so of CCP, I have never looked back. Try harder next time, m'kay?
#45UlNinPosted 2/15/2013 5:06:28 PMmessage detail
rayneotacon posted...
900 hours of Wii-chucking experience here. Af ter an hour or so of CCP, I have never looked back. Try harder next time, m'kay?

Lol. I've tried going back to CCPro over half a dozen times. Mostly because I can't lance with a nunchuk. Nunchuk is a decent control scheme (except for lancing). Other people may have different preferences, but that's what they are. Preferences.

Wev. Waggle haters have won this round. No chuk support in 3U. That's bad enough, so please keep your gloating to yourselves.
---
#46rayneotaconPosted 2/15/2013 5:19:16 PMmessage detail
It's not our fault that the Lance is the only weapon in the game.
#47ninjanickxPosted 2/21/2013 5:14:29 PMmessage detail
W E A P O N S / A R M O R
*4 new weapon types: Dual Sword, Gunlance, Hunting Horn and Bow. All the weapons from Tri return.
*A new element "blast" is added to the game.
*G-rank versions of old armor receive graphical overhaul and look noticeably different
*New armor sets from all the new monsters
*New weapons from all the new monsters

*Armors from Tri have either completely different or slightly altered skills, values and slots.
*Charm system has been completely overhauled with 17 different tables to select from. Which one can be only picked and is permanent.
*Most decoration jewels have had their values altered and/or require different materials to make them.
---
Not changing this sig until M$ gets off their lazy @$$ and make Killer Instinct 3.
-Started 12/5/09
#48Allvah2Posted 2/22/2013 10:50:35 AMmessage detail
AFAIK, the official localization for Furogi is Wroggi/Great Wroggi.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#49SlumberMindPosted 2/23/2013 8:08:56 AMmessage detail
Stamina depletes at p3rd rate not Tri rate.
#50rayneotaconPosted 2/23/2013 9:00:16 PMmessage detail
What's the difference with the stamina thing?