What's the best weapon class?

#51Element_PearlPosted 1/29/2013 5:29:59 PM
Gunlance.
---
Official Holy Dragon Nall of the First Generation.
#52NahchillhomebroPosted 1/29/2013 6:56:31 PM
Rather cart than use SnS? That is one of the most horrifying sentences I have read since 2013 began. My SnS skills were greatly appreciated during Jho, Lagi, and Bari hunts.
---
I KEEL YOU!
#53UtadaPosted 1/29/2013 9:54:59 PM
Nahchillhomebro posted...
Rather cart than use SnS? That is one of the most horrifying sentences I have read since 2013 began. My SnS skills were greatly appreciated during Jho, Lagi, and Bari hunts.

And they would've been better off if someone of equal skill was using Lance/BG/LS/Anything else.
---
My signature had to be changed after 4 years; 8/11/10 I shall remember!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/Utada/sig.jpg
#54EvilBeardsPosted 1/29/2013 10:31:02 PM
bearded_moose posted...
EvilBeards posted...
Nahchillhomebro posted...
EvilBeards posted...
BladeofFalcon posted...
There's no best weapon class in monster hunter, only weapon you are best at using. So just pick any weapon.

Except for SnS, the one weapon with terrible stats.

inb4good4status

The SnS is godly you filthy blasphemer.

I used to think so, until I ran some test runs and realized no matter what you do, the SnS will never be as strong/kill as quickly as the other weapons I use, Hammer, Longsword, Greatsword.

sorry for double post:

SnS is literally the most VERSATILE weapon you can use. it's great for para/poison. it's highly mobile. it can shield bash for stun damage. it can block and use items while defended. it's awesome. and yeah, it may be a couple minutes more to kill that Rathian with an SnS than with a hammer or a lance, but on a team of people, your versatility will be appreciated.

No, it isn't. I used to use it, and even tolerate it, but once I played Tri and I saw these noobs running around poking Jho's and Alatreon's feet with their needles, I ragequit. It's a waste of space and time, if you want status go with Bowgun and or LS. If you REALLY want status, just have everyone use a status weapon.
#55xXDa-KidXx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 1:24:57 AM
Another question. What is bounce??
---
NNID: xXDaKidXx
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/DaKidWiiTrailers <--[Updates, Trailers, Reviews, and more!]
#56WithYouForYouPosted 1/30/2013 4:17:39 AM
xXDa-KidXx posted...
Another question. What is bounce??

When a fine badonkadonk goes up and down.
#57HoutenPosted 1/30/2013 4:24:41 AM
When your weapon have insufficient sharpness to penitrate the skin/hide/shell of said monster you bounce. Quite literally your weapon makes a spark and your weapon deflected causing you to stagger and loose a lot more sharpness than regular attack.

Relax guys, let people use what they want in combat there are only handfull of fights that really show a glaring disadvantage of a perticular weapon. Hard to have fun when your going to rage at every hunter that likes a different weapon.

I'm not gonna lie, while im certainly more bias towards SnS due to their mobile style of combat I still try to be proficient in other weapon for different situations.
---
Is it so hard to for people to just be fans of videogames?
#58NahchillhomebroPosted 1/30/2013 11:58:26 AM
So much hate for an excellent weapon , I weep for you all.
---
I KEEL YOU!
#59xXDa-KidXx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 3:20:00 PM
Houten posted...
When your weapon have insufficient sharpness to penitrate the skin/hide/shell of said monster you bounce. Quite literally your weapon makes a spark and your weapon deflected causing you to stagger and loose a lot more sharpness than regular attack.

Relax guys, let people use what they want in combat there are only handfull of fights that really show a glaring disadvantage of a perticular weapon. Hard to have fun when your going to rage at every hunter that likes a different weapon.

I'm not gonna lie, while im certainly more bias towards SnS due to their mobile style of combat I still try to be proficient in other weapon for different situations.

Oh, ok. This Game is so technical lol.
---
NNID: xXDaKidXx
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/DaKidWiiTrailers <--[Updates, Trailers, Reviews, and more!]
#60myers4325Posted 1/30/2013 3:59:27 PM
EvilBeards posted...

No, it isn't. I used to use it, and even tolerate it, but once I played Tri and I saw these noobs running around poking Jho's and Alatreon's feet with their needles, I ragequit. It's a waste of space and time, if you want status go with Bowgun and or LS. If you REALLY want status, just have everyone use a status weapon.

you don't appreciate me poking Alatreon in the foot with the almighty dahaka?
---
That guy with nothing worth saying