Do Hunting Horns suck?

#1FirsnachiePosted 1/28/2013 8:46:01 AM
Like do they do ok damage?
---
PSN - Fersnachi
=D =D =D =D =D =D
#2NidoDariusPosted 1/28/2013 8:48:02 AM
Their damage is fine, and if you're even ASKING this question, please stay far, far, far away from them.
#3Firsnachie(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 8:56:57 AM
I used them in freedom unite ill use them here...
---
PSN - Fersnachi
=D =D =D =D =D =D
#4allchiefedupPosted 1/28/2013 9:07:51 AM
Having only played Tri, they seem like a less powerful hammer but with team boosting stat skills.
#5t3hNubPosted 1/28/2013 9:47:45 AM
Firsnachie posted...
I used them in freedom unite ill use them here...

And you weren't driven to suicide from how CRAP they were in Unite?

You'll be just fine here; P3rd gave Horns a much needed overhaul and 3U is keeping the changes. They're still not "excellent," but compared to Unite? Prepare to be amazed.
---
Don't get hit and hit it until it dies, in that order.
Kill it, carve it, wear it, repeat it.
#6ChacronicPosted 1/28/2013 12:59:48 PM
Hunting horns are like playing a bard class. You're basically a buff bot with a hammer. Its not the best for solo, hammer outshines it there...however in a group with other hunters the buffs affect them too so you'll be utterly loved if you keep buffs up constantly. Along with that its a blunt weapon so it can KO monsters too like the hammer.

Its a team player weapon.
---
"Trouble keeps you running faster, Save the planet from disaster!" ~ Sonic Boom
If they turn the tables, just flip them over! - Aegis P4Arena
#7OxygenSupplyPosted 1/28/2013 1:35:27 PM
Are the buffs really interesting or is it just like a weak weapon with built-in Wide-Range +2?
#8t3hNubPosted 1/28/2013 1:48:07 PM
Buffs range from Attack Up (great), Defense Up (great), Element Up, Earplugs (high and low), Infinite Stamina, Knockback Negate (still can get sent flying, just no "tripping"), Health Increase, Health Recovery (sm/med/lg), High Frequency (infinite sonic bombs), Snow/Mud Negate, ___blight negate, Wind Cancel, etc. etc.

Basically if there's a buff or beneficial effect available in the game, there's probably a horn that can play it. Note that horns still have 3 fixed notes so any given horn will only be able to play certain songs/buffs. They really shine in multiplayer like before, but unlike Unite they are actually a competent weapon on their own.

To clarify what Chacronic said, you're basically using a slightly less powerful hammer with buffspam.
---
Don't get hit and hit it until it dies, in that order.
Kill it, carve it, wear it, repeat it.
#9OxygenSupplyPosted 1/28/2013 1:56:12 PM
Don't you lose too much time caring about notes and casting buffs? Is the buff duration worth it?

I saw there is a skill especially made for Hunting Horns (Flute Expert or something) that increases the duration of buffs: does it affect yourself only or all the other players as well?

Isn't Health Recovery a bit overpowered? I mean you could just spam it to heal your mates.

Sorry for all those questions, I only played Tri. :x
#10DLOArceusPosted 1/28/2013 2:07:55 PM
OxygenSupply posted...
Are the buffs really interesting or is it just like a weak weapon with built-in Wide-Range +2?

When you get 3000 or something attack with a weapon, you stop caring about "interesting" and just kill things.
No, Health Recovery is not broken. You don't waste time with the notes anymore since P3, where you actually ATTACK while "singing". In Unite you had to "sing" and THEN apply the buff and attack.
---
What do i have to do to set the language to English? because my game is in Japanese - joetendo69
3DS: 4983-5126-3707