I need honest opinions guys....

#21MacromanPosted 1/30/2013 1:48:09 PM
Macroman posted...
If you are looking for that 'catch' that keeps you coming back, kill your first LARGE monster. I was hooked with Tri and the Jaggi, but the feeling of accomplishment you get for hunting down and killing a dinosaur the size of a Winnebago with nothing but a sword and a few herbs is fantastic.

Heroin Hunter should definitely be the name of this game. I liked Tri so much I even bought a PSP JUST to play MHFU. My PSP is and will remain the only one game system in my house for a long time.

Yea, I remember getting that feeling of killing my first monster, it was exhilarating. Large monsters? I got to look them up to see how big they are, I don't think I ran into one in my time on the Wii version.

When I say 'Large Monsters', I really mean anything over the small dinosaurs that don't really fight back and can be killed in a couple of hits. Jaggi is the first one that I remember in the Wii version, but even he is a small fry. Qurupeco and Barroth (sp?) are a little more along the lines of the starting 'Large' monsters that can give you the rush of achievement.

Anywho, glad to hear you'll pick it up again!
#22ZerekrielPosted 1/30/2013 2:03:43 PM
Macroman posted...
Qurupeco and Barroth are a little more along the lines of the starting 'Large' monsters that can give you the rush of achievement.

Tri was my first MH game, and the first monster that really gave me issues was Royal Ludroth. I remember killing it and feeling so proud of myself. Then Barroth happened and I just felt rage for the next couple days.
Now, I've played Freedom Unite solo through G rank (MHFU was actually the reason I bought a PSP), and even now I still get a rush whenever I have a successful hunt even on Tri.

TC, believe me, once you actually start hunting and are successful at taking a large monster down, the series sorta just sinks its claws into you and refuses to let go.
#23Lao-ShanTuxPosted 1/30/2013 5:27:26 PM
I should really think about getting the WiiU version instead of 3DS...
I just don't want to waste my new regular Wii...Only had it for two months...
---
When people are trying to kill you, you know you did something right.
#24XCrimsonSamuraiPosted 1/30/2013 5:52:47 PM
Lao-ShanTux posted...
I should really think about getting the WiiU version instead of 3DS...
I just don't want to waste my new regular Wii...Only had it for two months...

Bought a Wii two months ago?

You so crazy.
---
PSN ID: CrimsonSamuraiX
#25teknic1200Posted 1/31/2013 5:43:08 AM
ShadowMaster684 posted...
once you hit a certain point, you start getting really good and it's addicting beyond comparison.

It might as well be called Heroin Hunter.

this.

if you ever want to enjoy other games in the future don't touch this game.

what you need to do is kill something enough to makes it's armor (the complete set) and then do the same for the next monster. through repetition comes skill
---
Today is the Tomorrow you were promised Yesterday
#26cr34ti0nPosted 1/31/2013 10:23:10 AM
3* quests are when it kicks in, unfortunately if your like me that 7-8 hours in because i gather and mine the hell out of everything so im prepared for upgrades and combinations later on
#27selfdeztructionPosted 2/7/2013 7:44:25 PM
cr34ti0n posted...
3* quests are when it kicks in, unfortunately if your like me that 7-8 hours in because i gather and mine the hell out of everything so im prepared for upgrades and combinations later on

Damn!You play like I do,I hit the 15 hour mark while accepting the second quest BUT I had the best buyable armor,heavy BG,TONS of BG ammo and all BG ammo types.
---
XBL / PSN (PS3 & vita) / Wii-U / Skype - selfdeztruction
Wii FC (HaVoK) 6605 3315 8599 4345 3DS XL FC(HaVoK) 3780 9281 5652 I'm no fanboy,I'm a dirty whore
#28BSerenityPosted 2/7/2013 8:01:53 PM
selfdeztruction posted...
cr34ti0n posted...

Damn!You play like I do,I hit the 15 hour mark while accepting the second quest BUT I had the best buyable armor,heavy BG,TONS of BG ammo and all BG ammo types.

Just one more reason I love about the MH series is the fact that it allows solo play and multiplay without dragging either of them down.

I love the slow farming, item, fishing, meat grinding stuff as much as hunting down a Jho.
---
La morte sgorga dalle mie dita... Non v'e dubbio, tale e il desiderio dell'ignobile; dannata innocenza!
#29selfdeztructionPosted 2/7/2013 8:33:41 PM
BSerenity posted...
cr34ti0n posted...

Just one more reason I love about the MH series is the fact that it allows solo play and multiplay without dragging either of them down.

I love the slow farming, item, fishing, meat grinding stuff as much as hunting down a Jho.

I never co-oped,do you have to stay within a certain area/range of you co-op hunters?
---
XBL / PSN (PS3 & vita) / Wii-U / Skype - selfdeztruction
Wii FC (HaVoK) 6605 3315 8599 4345 3DS XL FC(HaVoK) 3780 9281 5652 I'm no fanboy,I'm a dirty whore
#30BSerenityPosted 2/7/2013 8:43:04 PM
BSerenity posted...
cr34ti0n posted...

I never co-oped,do you have to stay within a certain area/range of you co-op hunters?

Nope.
---
La morte sgorga dalle mie dita... Non v'e dubbio, tale e il desiderio dell'ignobile; dannata innocenza!