So there's no voice chat in this?

#1xion1Posted 1/30/2013 5:31:55 PM
I heard there was no voice chat in this is it true?
#2GriznayfiznoxPosted 1/30/2013 5:50:31 PM
Yes there is, also USB keyboard support has been confirmed.
---
"Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun!"-Ash-Army of Darkness
#3HykCraftPosted 1/30/2013 7:18:56 PM
Voice confirmed.

USB Keyboard support Patch on Day 1 confirmed.
---
www.twitch.tv/hykcraft
#4teknic1200Posted 1/31/2013 5:39:26 AM
well I suppose that depends on where and when you are playing it. the folks currently playing the game don't have usb keyboard or voice chat, however as mentioned it's getting added in a patch.
---
Today is the Tomorrow you were promised Yesterday
#5BoneyardrejectPosted 1/31/2013 5:49:47 AM
How is the voicechat handled? Does the WiiU come with a mic like the xbox does, or do we have to buy something separate?
#6GoldenFox98Posted 1/31/2013 5:51:44 AM
Pretty sure the Gamepad has a mic built into it.
---
Rainbow dolphins that leap out from a cloud of confetti?
Brilliant! - wikido
#7BoneyardrejectPosted 1/31/2013 5:59:15 AM
That's cool. I hate spending all that time in lobbies trying to type out "I need 2 more lagiacrus horns+" with the virtual keyboard. Voice will make it a lot easier, as long as people dont have babies raving around in the background(which seems to be happening all the time lately, must be my luck)..
#8VanillascoutPosted 1/31/2013 6:12:01 AM
The 3DS indeed doesn't have voice chat. However, it only supports local coop.

While it would be a hilarious sight, using a headset with your 3DS while playing local coop would be simply impractical, as you're within hearing range of those you're playing with.

That said, the Wii U gamepad has a built in microphone that can be used for voice chat. You can also use it as a keyboard, and USB keyboards are supported as well.
#9BoneyardrejectPosted 1/31/2013 6:15:48 AM
Cool, yeah, I was referring to the WiiU version. BTW, there is no way to do online with a 3DS AND WiiU, right? Like a proxy thing or something where the 3DS is doing local multiplayer with the WiiU and then the WiiU pushes both online.
that would be cool, but i guess not technically feasible.
#10NiricPosted 1/31/2013 7:57:46 AM
Boneyardreject posted...
Cool, yeah, I was referring to the WiiU version. BTW, there is no way to do online with a 3DS AND WiiU, right? Like a proxy thing or something where the 3DS is doing local multiplayer with the WiiU and then the WiiU pushes both online.
that would be cool, but i guess not technically feasible.

I was curious about this as well since my brother will be playing the 3DS version while I'm playing the Wii U version. I was hoping he could play with me online though the Wii U. It seems unfortunately doing that is not possible. (Wiling capcom has told us correctly on the unity forums)

Here's a link to the post we've had respond to this question if you wanted some confirmation info of were I got that answer from.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/monster_hunter/go/thread/view/7451/29509281/monster-hunter-3-ultimate-3dswii-u-dual-game-pack&post_num=9#526352987

You could actually do this with the PS3 and PSP Monster Hunter Portable 3rd/HD ver. but I guess without the Ad-Hoc party system, they didn't make it possible.

-Niric
---
http://www.twitch.tv/niric