What is Monster hunter, why should I play it, and for Wii U or 3DS?

#11MonkeymooXDPosted 2/4/2013 11:17:53 AM
ajko000 posted...
1. The one RPG that exists that isn't button mashing and "real time" in stop-motion. In other words, it's all real time, and the only legit RPG left, imo at least.

It most definitely is not an RPG.
#12IronticsDragonLPosted 2/4/2013 11:28:39 AM
chinsyghtt posted...
shayminguy7 posted...
Unless there's something big I'd be missing from online multiplayer, I don't care about that.

Lol dude. If there's a game that is ever worth 60$, its this game and its predecessors. The replay value is extremely high I'm serious its worse than crack addiction I swear. People are buying Wii Us and 3ds' just to play this game. At first you'll be completely clueless about what to do, but you'll end up eventually loving everything you hated about it at the beginning. There's no such thing as a level up system; how much damage you output depends on your strategy, weaponry, armour and utilization of skill sets. I could go on... pick the game up and try it for yourself but expect nothing to be handed to you. Once you get the hang of it, test out the multiplayer; that's where the true gold within the game lays.

My experience with Monster Hunter in a nutshell.
And if you want to get the most enjoyment out of it, you can easily spend several hundred hours on MH. I spent over a hundred hours just playing the single player!
---
PSN: bradeli Steam: IronticsDragonLord
#13BladeofFalconPosted 2/4/2013 12:09:32 PM
Jayceja posted...
it's DESIGNED for multiplayer

wut?
---
When someone say plz because it's shorter than please, I say no because it's shorter than yes.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/Club1kjho/
#14rayneotaconPosted 2/4/2013 1:02:14 PM
BladeofFalcon posted...
Jayceja posted...

wut?

Agreed. I spent nearly 700 hours on single player, soooo... yeah.
#15ajko000Posted 2/4/2013 8:23:15 PM
MonkeymooXD posted...
ajko000 posted...
1. The one RPG that exists that isn't button mashing and "real time" in stop-motion. In other words, it's all real time, and the only legit RPG left, imo at least.

It most definitely is not an RPG.

That's your opinion. Personally, this game is a RPG, because you experience similar mechanics that you would in other RPGs. Also, every game is a RPG, because you are playing a game, as a certain role.

That's right, I went there.
#16oORyuumaruOoPosted 2/4/2013 9:33:26 PM
Viciously makes out with ajko000.
---
PSN: MrSeizo
Quality over Quantity
#17teknic1200Posted 2/5/2013 6:55:09 AM
as for what ifs, it's not quick and easy to really explain so you should search one of the other topics that's been recently made. there's some good info there..
---
Today is the Tomorrow you were promised Yesterday
#18UtadaPosted 2/5/2013 7:45:59 AM
rayneotacon posted...
BladeofFalcon posted...
Jayceja posted...

wut?

Just because you did, does not mean it isn't designed for multiplayer.

Diablo 2 was designed for multiplayer, but plenty of people played singleplayer.

PSO was designed for multiplayer, but plenty of people played singleplayer.

Any experience you have playing offline can be enhanced by playing online with other people*.

*Does not have to be pug, if you do not enjoy that, but it can/will be enhanced by playing with friends.

Again, the problem in the West is our horrible infrastructure and the wide space we have. Our MHs we got on the PSP couldn't be viably multiplayer like it can/could be in Japan.
---
My signature had to be changed after 4 years; 8/11/10 I shall remember!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/Utada/sig.jpg
#19VanillascoutPosted 2/5/2013 7:58:13 AM
Protip, you don't need online to play together. Get the 3ds version and crash at a friend's place to have a MH weekend. Incredible voice chat quality, easy to go afk and keep chatting, and you can actually smack your friend when he upswings you.

..I miss the days when you needed to bring over a controller, or connect your handhelds with a flimsy cable in order to play together.
#20CrmsnFatalis96Posted 2/5/2013 10:43:24 AM
Utada posted...
rayneotacon posted...
BladeofFalcon posted...
Jayceja posted...

wut?

Just because you did, does not mean it isn't designed for multiplayer.

Diablo 2 was designed for multiplayer, but plenty of people played singleplayer.

PSO was designed for multiplayer, but plenty of people played singleplayer.

Any experience you have playing offline can be enhanced by playing online with other people*.

*Does not have to be pug, if you do not enjoy that, but it can/will be enhanced by playing with friends.

Again, the problem in the West is our horrible infrastructure and the wide space we have. Our MHs we got on the PSP couldn't be viably multiplayer like it can/could be in Japan.

If it's designed to be multiplayer, then why is there an exclusively single player mode?