Weapons (or players that use them) that you despise?

#1ajko000Posted 2/4/2013 8:48:05 PM
I have nothing against the Switch Axe as a weapon, it deals nice amounts of damage, and is valuable if used right, but I HATE that ONE player who uses the uppercut, especially when he's near a GS or Hammer user. For example, today I was on Tri, and I was GSing Uragaan, there were two Hammers, and a Switch Axe. The one Hammer wanted the tail, and I happily obliged. Upon EVERY trip or KO of the Uragaan, as SOON as I'm about to release my perfect charge on its tail, the idiot uppercuts me. I'm not sure if this was on purpose or not, but either way, there is nothing special or exclusive to you Mr. SA user, if anything, I'm more valuable in that scenario. Before you rage at my previous statement, realize and or research the power of a perfect GS charge.

I hate the SnS in every way, it bugs me when people use them, because it's even worse than the SA. They do that pathetic jump attack that always knocks the stronger weapons out of the way, and they do such pathetic damage. They literally have no purpose, or place, in the game or on any hunting team.

Don't pull the "they're great for status!" routine, because you could get a DS or LS in there, even a Lance, and still be effective with status, while also dealing decent, if not great damage, while the SnS is really only good for status.

End of my rant.

TLDR: SnS is pathetic, and is outclassed in every area by every other weapon. SA is nice, but don't be greedy when near other players and don't use the uppercut, especially if in that scenario they deal more damage/are more valuable in that scenario.
#2Ecclesiastes273Posted 2/4/2013 9:08:45 PM
I always wonder why they're in Axe mode to begin with. Doesn't help that 3/5 times they're using Great Inceadeus.

I hate Bowgunners that decide to sleep something with complete spontaneity, then proceed to get pissed when no one brought 13 LBBs. That, and "status gunners" who have single bullet clips. Get out with that crap. Bonus points when they wear ungemmed Lagiacrus.
---
Seven. Point. Five.
#3ajko000(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 9:15:17 PM
Ecclesiastes273 posted...
I always wonder why they're in Axe mode to begin with. Doesn't help that 3/5 times they're using Great Inceadeus.

I hate Bowgunners that decide to sleep something with complete spontaneity, then proceed to get pissed when no one brought 13 LBBs. That, and "status gunners" who have single bullet clips. Get out with that crap. Bonus points when they wear ungemmed Lagiacrus.

This, especially when they run into Ala all "LET'S SLEEP BOMB HIM :D:D:D:D!" and then wonder why it didn't work after 2/3 sleeps.
#4mazereonPosted 2/4/2013 9:34:40 PM
TLDR: SnS is pathetic, and is outclassed in every area by every other weapon.

In multiplayer they work well, provided that the player understands how to use them. The jump attack is one of the least disruptive attacks around, and even then, it comes back to whether the player in question is any good at multiplayer. It's not the weapon, it's the user.

Yes, they do low damage. And? It's not like this iteration of the game will pose any challenge for a four player team. Tri was designed for online; 3U is a port of Tri G which is first and foremost a handheld game. Creatures have lower health. Completing these missions solo isn't difficult, and with four players, it's pathetically easy. If you want a semblance of challenge you're going to need to use self-imposed rules, so using a lower damage, non KO, low reach class that requires precision and constant attacking to maximise sounds like a great way to do that.

If you play the game because you enjoy the mechanics, then an SnS means a longer fight, meaning you enjoy those great mechanics longer, right? How's that a bad thing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fcey-xbyltk#t=221s

This is the reality of this game online. Does that look like your idea of fun? Does that look like a challenge to you? Because with the new LBG mechanics and the Kelbi bow/Brachy weapons, this is what it'll be like. If you think that looks like how MH was meant to be, then by all means, go on about maximising damage output.
---
www.youtube.com/user/mazereon
BG Compendium: http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/991479-monster-hunter-portable-3rd/faqs/61634
#5ajko000(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 10:33:16 PM
1. Yes, it is the user, that's the point.
2. LOL! The game is always a challenge, because nobody wants to spend hours grinding a monster for a rare part when you can do it in minutes. "Self-imposed rules to make the game funner". Ah, how many times I've heard that argument for a poorly designed area of a game, or even a game itself. You should not have to force yourself to make the game better/prolong its play value. No, it's not about how quickly you kill the monster, unless you've been grinding him for an entire day, it gets pretty annoying, and a lot of people don't have all the time in the world.
3. Yes, that does look fun. It's fun to overwhelm and defeat a monster, that's the point of the game! It's fun to fight the monster, and to find new ways to do it are fun.

I can't... I would go on, but it would make such a massive wall. You realize all the points you made are ridiculous right? It made my legitimately angry. The game would be no fun if you didn't have those glorious moments, that was a Peco, not a Jho, of course that'll happen! Just... UHG! REALLY? I MEAN REALLY? It comes down to this, when you're facing top tier monsters, you don't want an SnS, and you won't be able to kill it like that pathetic Peco.

/complete rage
#6sephiroth1491Posted 2/4/2013 10:34:57 PM
That SA ringed seriously a bell, that's why i tend to stay away from them, or worse, they don't just spam uppercut, but also go even worse and spam the swinging useless attack.

Next would be Full burst spammers, i get it looks cool and stuff, but it's not doing that great damage, and it's ridiculously disrputive in team play.

Then the obvious GS upswingers that keep upswingin you even if you're a hammer and stuff.
---
PSN: kon-sama1491 ///
"There's no room left in heaven and there's sure no room in hell, yeah" - Bad Religion
#7XinSonPosted 2/4/2013 10:42:10 PM
all just depends.

Hammer users on a small monster when starting out (jaggi, baggi, peco) are a nightmare to team with... even though I am totally guilty of this myself.

As a hammer user, the thing that tends to annoy me the most is Long sword users who spam the damn sprite strike.

I don't mind SnS users.... I just wish they would buff SnS a bit so people would stop hating on them as much. Unless it's a great to godly player, I am just a bit sad when ever I team with a SnS user.

Want to use statues effects? get 2-3 people in the team to equip the same statues weapon then and just equip something else then a SnS. You'll contribute more and the statues effect will most likely be applied a lot more then just you using a SnS.
---
http://i40.tinypic.com/2hgh84l.jpg
#8oODaBombOoPosted 2/4/2013 10:51:13 PM
my biggest hate would be crappy SnS users who make us all look bad, a weapon is only as good as the hunter, and i get that the SnS is pretty useless when not used right (players try and hit and run, dont attack enough, use wrong element/status attack) but when used right with the correct element or status and Fighting style the SnS is a great group weapon, i personally try to stick with status attacks and i know it is a huge help when you paralyze a monster 3 times in 1 hunt, makes the hunt go by that much faster, so quit hating on SnS just because lots of people dont know how to use it.
#9ajko000(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 10:53:06 PM
oODaBombOo posted...
my biggest hate would be crappy SnS users who make us all look bad, a weapon is only as good as the hunter, and i get that the SnS is pretty useless when not used right (players try and hit and run, dont attack enough, use wrong element/status attack) but when used right with the correct element or status and Fighting style the SnS is a great group weapon, i personally try to stick with status attacks and i know it is a huge help when you paralyze a monster 3 times in 1 hunt, makes the hunt go by that much faster, so quit hating on SnS just because lots of people dont know how to use it.

Use the weapon calculator at least once and get back to me please.
#10D_D_TinkPosted 2/4/2013 11:03:17 PM
in Mhf1 and p3rd sns are good if not great weapons. p3rd is great for the weapon balancing as opposed to mhf2 and mhfu when its LOLhammah and GS. i like p3rd because all weapons are viable. i hope 3g is like this as well.
---
"The guns are balanced enough that no single one will make you better. You just have to suck less to be better."- SupahSkull