Weapons (or players that use them) that you despise?

#21MewtwoExPosted 2/5/2013 6:00:12 AM
None, Iīm a player who can actually handle any companions and donīt cry like a baby.
---
http://dunzi.wippiespace.com/pics/trollin-hatin.jpg
#22WeisscrypticPosted 2/5/2013 8:32:46 AM
The last time i partied with an SnS that brought a para wep he paralyzed it three times and i just laughed while my hammer friend wacked its head into a couple stuns i was droping full charged GS blades like rain....i see no reason to hate a low dmg weapon that can make my high dmg soooo easy to deliver
#23ZerekrielPosted 2/5/2013 9:41:04 AM
Rathian armor + Guan Dao users
#24UlNinPosted 2/5/2013 11:33:17 AM
What about SnS users with Wide-Range and Speed Eating?

All y'all are complaining about noobs and disruptive jerks who are noobishly disruptive. These fools will be annoying regardless of what weapon they use - whether it be upswings, lance charging, superpounding the legs or shield bash combo finishers.

But if you're melee-ing with decent players, then it's lances that are the worst. As a longsword and hammer user I have decent mobility and generally play in a hit-and-run style. But sometimes there's a lancer in the way, poke-poke-poking at the monster and I have to decide whether to trip him or not. Lances never worry about that - they just go in and try to stick close. If they are aware of other players, it's only to time their block/counter so they don't get superpounded away. i.e. they're only paying attention to their teammates for the selfish reason of keeping their poke-poke-poke going. The closest you get to an accommodating lancer is one that leaves the head clear for the hammer.

That said, now that I primarily bowgun, lances are awesome. Infighting keeps the monster stationary for more pewpewpew.
---
Confession Time: I am a button masher
#25chronogod77Posted 2/5/2013 12:30:20 PM
I am absolutely awful at lancing. I have beaten all the missions on Tri, and have picked up Unite, but no matter what I try, I just suck. I feel I can at least semi-competently use every other weapon, besides switch axe (no interest).
#26firefoxredPosted 2/5/2013 1:12:37 PM
I do agree with the point of Lancers. As I used it in Tri near the end, I had to watch out for my team more than the monster. Though you have to admit, the first few times is good for a chuckle deflecting your partners attack.

Personally I can't stand LS. When I see a hammer or GS user, I stay away and let them do their thing, I assume they know what they are doing, but when it comes to LS, they seem to spam the spirit slash attack which knocks everyone down and it always seems when the monster is down. Now I do know the attack increases the damage overall if it connects for a period of time but when we have 4 people all attacking at once, taking out 3 isn't the smartest move.

Personally I stick to Bows/Bowguns to avoid all the headaches.
---
Wii U : UnknownFox
Feel free to add for Monster Hunter :D
#27Tasgrav_NashaPosted 2/5/2013 1:21:40 PM
Gotta love using duals. I usually main, a bow/dual/Hunting Horn. A Lance if I feel like the monster I'm fighting is too attack happy(Looking at you ALA and Barioth).

As for any weapon I despise...None really.

Also there's nothing wrong with SnS. I helped beat Jhen Mohran with 3 ppl with the Jhen SnS. At HR 34
---
If I were a Jellyfish....I'd make krabby patties taste better XD
PSN ID: Rashan-Rei
#28selfdeztructionPosted 2/5/2013 11:01:25 PM
I'm so glad you made this topic,it is really helping me in learning good co-op tactics for this game.

I'm always mindful of my teammate(s) BUT the stuff listed by everyone here is really helpful.
---
XBL / PSN (PS3 & vita) / Wii-U / Skype - selfdeztruction
Wii FC (HaVoK) 6605 3315 8599 4345 3DS XL FC(HaVoK) 3780 9281 5652 I'm no fanboy,I'm a dirty whore
#29ajko000(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 11:17:37 PM
selfdeztruction posted...
I'm so glad you made this topic,it is really helping me in learning good co-op tactics for this game.

I'm always mindful of my teammate(s) BUT the stuff listed by everyone here is really helpful.

Just be mindful, when you see a Hammer or Greatsword user, don't interrupt them, if they're doing their job right, they're invaluable. Switch Axe, Longsword, and Lance users have no real area on a monster, and imo are the "support" weapons if a GS or Hammer is on the team.

Before anyone flames me, by "support" I mean that they assist the other weapon user, if they can.
#30selfdeztructionPosted 2/5/2013 11:41:32 PM
ajko000 posted...
selfdeztruction posted...

Just be mindful, when you see a Hammer or Greatsword user, don't interrupt them, if they're doing their job right, they're invaluable. Switch Axe, Longsword, and Lance users have no real area on a monster, and imo are the "support" weapons if a GS or Hammer is on the team.

Before anyone flames me, by "support" I mean that they assist the other weapon user, if they can.

I'll be using the bowgun during co-op,it'll give me an easier method of attacking because I'll be able to aim high above the other hunters and easily avoid hitting them.
---
XBL / PSN (PS3 & vita) / Wii-U / Skype - selfdeztruction
Wii FC (HaVoK) 6605 3315 8599 4345 3DS XL FC(HaVoK) 3780 9281 5652 I'm no fanboy,I'm a dirty whore