Is this game a bit like TERA?

#1hyruler461Posted 2/15/2013 12:04:04 AM
I mean just the combat and such with the big monsters. I played TERA online for a few months and it almost looks like its the same: big monster, learn its moves and patterns, strike when an opening shows. Since I was very good at fighting them in TERA, will I have an easier time fighting these ones?
#2rayneotaconPosted 2/15/2013 12:16:29 AM
I'd say more than a bit. I mean, it's as if the people that made Tera thought "What if we turned Monster Hunter into an MMO?". The pacing is a tad slower here, but everything should be pretty easy to grasp.
#3ajko000Posted 2/15/2013 12:44:43 AM
Another reason this game is an RPG.

A little, but TERA is more primitive in my opinion. TERA still focuses on profile progression rather than character progression, and is more "spell" based rather than move based.

Monster Hunter is just an RPG that is far beyond the level of most RPGs today, because it actually implements true real time scenarios, and not idiots pressing 40 keys while standing still, or relatively still. You're always moving, and you have a respectable moveset that has no special skills other than what you make of it.

This game basically substitutes hundreds of spells with a small amount of moves, which I prefer.
#4YamagishiDPosted 2/15/2013 2:39:01 AM
It is sort of like TERA, I guess. I would personally compare it a bit more to Vindictus.
#5GojeranPosted 2/15/2013 2:45:06 AM
I'd say TERA is a bit like Monster Hunter.
---
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate comes out March 19th for the Wii U.
#6IronticsDragonLPosted 2/15/2013 5:23:47 AM
Gojeran posted...
I'd say TERA is a bit like Monster Hunter.

This, TERA came out long after Monster Hunter's debut.
---
I'm ballin, ballin, ballin, Jarl ballin, ballin, ballin, swag.
PSN: bradeli Steam: IronticsDragonLord Gamertag: AsternGoblin6
#7RasutoSSAikouPosted 2/15/2013 10:56:35 AM
Monster Hunter is just an RPG that is far beyond the level of most RPGs today, because it actually implements true real time scenarios, and not idiots pressing 40 keys while standing still, or relatively still. You're always moving, and you have a respectable moveset that has no special skills other than what you make of it.

Um.....what?

Monster Hunter is not an RPG, so comparing the two games is ridiculous.

Also, where have you been in the last 15 years?
---
Do you play Dragon's Dogma? Try out my pawn, she'll take care of you! Name: Ehcin
Xbox GT/PSN- Ssur Trebor
#8ajko000Posted 2/15/2013 2:44:10 PM
RasutoSSAikou posted...

Um.....what?

I'm sorry, I already flamed another gentleman over why this game is an RPG on another topic. I do not intend to do this here. Good day.
#9Element_PearlPosted 2/15/2013 3:00:14 PM
I would say TERA is a little bit like this game.

RasutoSSAikou posted...

Um.....what?

I'm sorry, I already flamed another gentleman over why this game is an RPG on another topic. I do not intend to do this here. Good day.

You can flame all you want, you'll just look dumb. MH isn't an RPG. It's a skill based action game with gear related stats.
---
Official Holy Dragon Nall of the First Generation.
#10SolidHaseoPosted 2/15/2013 3:03:31 PM
Element_Pearl posted...
I would say TERA is a little bit like this game.

RasutoSSAikou posted...

Um.....what?

You can flame all you want, you'll just look dumb. MH isn't an RPG. It's a skill based action game with gear related stats.

MH is an RPG, any game when you can create a character and modify it in any way possible is an RPG. Every MMO is also an RPG for that reason, Borderlands is an RPG with shooter elements or vice versa, ajko please explain in a better way than I.
---
Enthusiast of the Female Body
I draw anime....