Why don't monsters ever have a visibile Health Bar???

#1HellsingOrgPosted 2/15/2013 2:58:08 AM
In all MH games I have noticed that the Monsters never have a health bar.

This kinda annoys me because you can never tell if you are extremely underpowered and are doing tiny damage and are 2 hours away from beating it or if you are really strong and its health is going down by like 1/10th with every hit.

Why doesn't capcom decide to have make Health Bars for Monsters in this game?
Or at least make an unlockable item later in the game something that you can equip and lets you see Monster's health.
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#2SepherinPosted 2/15/2013 3:22:57 AM
You have a time limit and visual signs that a monster is being injured. If you aren't breaking bits off and the monster isn't at least limping before your time runs out then you aren't doing well. Health bar isn't needed...either you kill it or you don't, the health bar wouldn't change that. Most people are against them (myself included) as it detracts from the "hunting" feel of the game.
---
#3DLOArceusPosted 2/15/2013 3:56:52 AM
Get out.
---
What do i have to do to set the language to English? because my game is in Japanese - joetendo69
3DS: 4983-5126-3707
#4manjiPosted 2/15/2013 4:06:35 AM
monsters also react or recoil when they've taken enough damage to a certain area or hit zone. so you will know if you're doing enough damage if you are causing it to recoil from your attacks often enough.
#5lostsoul1312Posted 2/15/2013 4:21:57 AM
In a related note there is a skill that lets you know when you can capture a monster. and since you can only capture monsters that are low on health, that's the closest thing to a health bar you can get.
---
"I'm gonna die anyway. I won't have to be afraid anymore. But I'm not gonna die alone."
Official Ramza of the Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy Board.
#6IronticsDragonLPosted 2/15/2013 4:22:34 AM
Oh, here we go again.....
---
I'm ballin, ballin, ballin, Jarl ballin, ballin, ballin, swag.
PSN: bradeli Steam: IronticsDragonLord Gamertag: AsternGoblin6
#7pidge27Posted 2/15/2013 4:34:09 AM
Thats the best part and and keeps you on your toes whether or not your going to win, I remeber dropping my first los back in the day , I jumped with excitement.
#8HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 4:40:42 AM
I get the idea of not having an HP bar since I like rpgs and stuff.

BUT it sure does get annoying not knowing at a certain point if you are just 1 hit or 10 hits away from defeating a monster.
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#9JaycejaPosted 2/15/2013 4:45:28 AM
the only time i want a health bar is when im fighting ceadues and i want to reset for quest rewards, twice in a row i accidentally killed him at the end of a 30 minute hunt, once at 29, the second time i planned on stopping hitting him at 28, killed him at 27

:/
#10teknic1200Posted 2/15/2013 4:47:41 AM
One of the best things about this game is the lack of a health bar.

go play dragon's dogma, it's got gathering spots, lock on., and the monsters have health bars./
---
Today is the Tomorrow you were promised Yesterday