Why don't monsters ever have a visibile Health Bar???

#21yellowpikminboyPosted 2/15/2013 8:20:40 AM
I feel the Souls series needs to learn from this. Both games have health bars, but playing MH with its lack of health bars makes me feel Souls games are missing something by allowing health bars on bosses. Normal enemies, sure, fine, they're still as dangerous as any enemy, but they can keep health bars. But in a game that is already punishingly difficult - a main draw of the series - the boss health bars take away from the experience.
---
You know that game I never played? That one?
10/10, GoTY and Best (insert genre here).
#22JackofSpades209Posted 2/15/2013 8:31:35 AM
When people hunt for deer, they dont have health bars.
---
Dont french fry when youre supposed to pizza. If you french fry when you're supposed to pizza you're gonna have a bad time.
#23king_zettaPosted 2/15/2013 8:59:54 AM
JackofSpades209 posted...
When people hunt for deer, they dont have health bars.

Deer also go down in one shot.
#24Pots_TogoPosted 2/15/2013 10:07:33 AM
king_zetta posted...
Pots_Togo posted...
I think the only thing worse than no health bars is the lack of lock-on, I mean really? im supposed to manually move my camera?!? and gathering? what the heck? why isnt there an in game store where I can just spend my cash to get things like honey and gear? and whats with the free DLC? its gotta be worthless right? its like free! I should get all drops and talismans in one run, with so many quests why should I be killing more than one monster per armor set?!? this game is confusing as well as frustraiting, I mean I move SOOOOOOO slow with my GS unsheathed, its like, do I really HAVE to put it away each fight??

There that probably covers all the reasons you shouldnt play this game...

You and people like you are the reason normal people hate monster hunter.

Honestly complaints and topics like this are the reason I post things that normal people hate, Im quite helpful online in game but only to those willing to learn. Topics like this just rub me the wrong way...
#25GojeranPosted 2/15/2013 12:14:21 PM
Health bar isn't needed.

The game isn't about watching the some bar decrease it's about watching the Monster that you are Hunting.

Pay attention to the monster about you'll be fine. This isn't a mindless hack n slash.
---
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate comes out March 19th for the Wii U.
#26Kromlech06Posted 2/15/2013 2:07:25 PM
Watch the HP bar?

They ARE the HP bar.
#27chinsyghttPosted 2/15/2013 2:17:53 PM
DLOArceus posted...
Get out.

^ This. A health bar? That's blasphemous in the Monster Hunter universe.
---
PSN: KUh_R3m
#283-33Posted 2/15/2013 2:29:46 PM
king_zetta posted...
Pots_Togo posted...
I think the only thing worse than no health bars is the lack of lock-on, I mean really? im supposed to manually move my camera?!? and gathering? what the heck? why isnt there an in game store where I can just spend my cash to get things like honey and gear? and whats with the free DLC? its gotta be worthless right? its like free! I should get all drops and talismans in one run, with so many quests why should I be killing more than one monster per armor set?!? this game is confusing as well as frustraiting, I mean I move SOOOOOOO slow with my GS unsheathed, its like, do I really HAVE to put it away each fight??

There that probably covers all the reasons you shouldnt play this game...

You and people like you are the reason normal people hate monster hunter.

you clearly did not get the point of this fine sir's comment
#29dominatinggamerPosted 2/15/2013 2:37:44 PM
HellsingOrg posted...
I get the idea of not having an HP bar since I like rpgs and stuff.

BUT it sure does get annoying not knowing at a certain point if you are just 1 hit or 10 hits away from defeating a monster.

I completely understand where you're coming from. Should I try to kill this monster with 5min left or should I complete the quest with just the sidequests done so it wasn't a complete waste of time? As much I would love this add-on or item feature, it is somewhat refreshing to not have a monster life bar. The breaking of monster parts and other visual signs is pretty cool as a "health bar" and sometimes you just gotta go with your gut on the time thing :/
---
With friends like you, who needs enemies?
#30spikejetedPosted 2/15/2013 2:52:08 PM
DLOArceus posted...
Get out.

---
Pokemon White FC: 5415-0064-0126