Anyone speaks Japanese? There is a method to abuse charm tables

#1OxygenSupplyPosted 2/15/2013 2:12:33 PM
=> http://trinfo.jp/blog-entry-499.html

Apparently with this method you can quickly and easily get the charm table you'd like by changing the console's date/time and using a stopwatch (i.e. basically abusing the random number generator of the game). However, Google translate doesn't work very well and I can't understand all the steps. Can anyone help? I think it would be much more productive than whining on the other charm topic.
#2Element_PearlPosted 2/15/2013 2:27:25 PM
Wow, that is just...incredibly sad.
---
Official Holy Dragon Nall of the First Generation.
#3BSerenityPosted 2/15/2013 2:54:34 PM
Element_Pearl posted...

rather sad you care so much, lol.
---
La morte sgorga dalle mie dita... Non v'e dubbio, tale e il desiderio dell'ignobile; dannata innocenza!
#4GoldenFox98Posted 2/15/2013 2:56:18 PM
Element_Pearl posted...

No worse then players that do the same thing to breed/capture Pokemon with ideal stats. Plus this is far less time consuming.
---
Rainbow dolphins that leap out from a cloud of confetti?
Brilliant! - wikido
#5AlpaIPosted 2/15/2013 2:58:30 PM
GoldenFox98 posted...
Element_Pearl posted...

No worse then players that do the same thing to breed/capture Pokemon with ideal stats. Plus this is far less time consuming.

PokeballZ!

Gokachu vs Charigeta
---
I'm Always Right
#6OxygenSupply(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 3:03:54 PM
Element_Pearl posted...

What is incredibly sad and dumb is this new locked table system.

So, from Google translate, I understand this:
1) Set the date of the 3DS to January 21st 2012
2) Set the time to 00:13:00 and start your stopwatch upon validating
3) Open the game and start a new character when the stopwatch is between 00:14:43-00:14:45

But apparently there is a difference between 3DS/Wii U and some other things I don't get.
#7diving_devil46Posted 2/15/2013 3:38:28 PM
This is good news indeed if it works.

I would never bother re-rolling as that's just a step too far for me personally, but if it's possible to trick the system on start-up to get the desired table, then that only takes a couple of extra minutes of work at most.
#8KoyorimonPosted 2/15/2013 3:40:32 PM
For this to work, one still needs to do this while making a new character, right? You still can't change a set character's table, correct?

I can probably translate it if someone with better japanese than me doesn't. It just might take me a little bit.
#9OxygenSupply(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 3:45:22 PM
Koyorimon posted...
For this to work, one still needs to do this while making a new character, right? You still can't change a set character's table, correct?

I can probably translate it if someone with better japanese than me doesn't. It just might take me a little bit.

Considering what has been already said (i.e. “your character is LOCKED on a specific charm table forever”), I am pretty sure it will only work for new characters.

The method starts where it says 2012/1/21 .
#10KoyorimonPosted 2/15/2013 3:48:36 PM
I figured as much, it's just that since I didn't read anything about this method or anything, -maybe- there was a slight possibility of changing it somehow. I didn't think so, but I don't like to assume things, and felt asking to be sure would be best. ^ ^