Anyone speaks Japanese? There is a method to abuse charm tables

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  3. Anyone speaks Japanese? There is a method to abuse charm tables

User Info: OxygenSupply

OxygenSupply
3 years ago#1
=> http://trinfo.jp/blog-entry-499.html

Apparently with this method you can quickly and easily get the charm table you'd like by changing the console's date/time and using a stopwatch (i.e. basically abusing the random number generator of the game). However, Google translate doesn't work very well and I can't understand all the steps. Can anyone help? I think it would be much more productive than whining on the other charm topic.

User Info: Element_Pearl

Element_Pearl
3 years ago#2
Wow, that is just...incredibly sad.
Official Holy Dragon Nall of the First Generation.

User Info: BSerenity

BSerenity
3 years ago#3
Element_Pearl posted...

rather sad you care so much, lol.
La morte sgorga dalle mie dita... Non v'e dubbio, tale e il desiderio dell'ignobile; dannata innocenza!

User Info: GoldenFox98

GoldenFox98
3 years ago#4
Element_Pearl posted...

No worse then players that do the same thing to breed/capture Pokemon with ideal stats. Plus this is far less time consuming.
Rainbow dolphins that leap out from a cloud of confetti?
Brilliant! - wikido

User Info: AlpaI

AlpaI
3 years ago#5
GoldenFox98 posted...
Element_Pearl posted...

No worse then players that do the same thing to breed/capture Pokemon with ideal stats. Plus this is far less time consuming.

PokeballZ!

Gokachu vs Charigeta
I'm Always Right

OxygenSupply
3 years ago#6
Element_Pearl posted...

What is incredibly sad and dumb is this new locked table system.

So, from Google translate, I understand this:
1) Set the date of the 3DS to January 21st 2012
2) Set the time to 00:13:00 and start your stopwatch upon validating
3) Open the game and start a new character when the stopwatch is between 00:14:43-00:14:45

But apparently there is a difference between 3DS/Wii U and some other things I don't get.

User Info: diving_devil46

diving_devil46
3 years ago#7
This is good news indeed if it works.

I would never bother re-rolling as that's just a step too far for me personally, but if it's possible to trick the system on start-up to get the desired table, then that only takes a couple of extra minutes of work at most.

User Info: Koyorimon

Koyorimon
3 years ago#8
For this to work, one still needs to do this while making a new character, right? You still can't change a set character's table, correct?

I can probably translate it if someone with better japanese than me doesn't. It just might take me a little bit.

OxygenSupply
3 years ago#9
Koyorimon posted...
For this to work, one still needs to do this while making a new character, right? You still can't change a set character's table, correct?

I can probably translate it if someone with better japanese than me doesn't. It just might take me a little bit.

Considering what has been already said (i.e. “your character is LOCKED on a specific charm table forever”), I am pretty sure it will only work for new characters.

The method starts where it says 2012/1/21 .

User Info: Koyorimon

Koyorimon
3 years ago#10
I figured as much, it's just that since I didn't read anything about this method or anything, -maybe- there was a slight possibility of changing it somehow. I didn't think so, but I don't like to assume things, and felt asking to be sure would be best. ^ ^
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  3. Anyone speaks Japanese? There is a method to abuse charm tables

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived