How many Quests are in the normal MH3 and MH3U?

#1Eddie_5Posted 2/20/2013 8:42:56 AM
Hey,

I know I can just count the quests on the wiki I guess, but is there a Number of the total Quests in Tri and Ultimate out there already? I just want to show a number comparision to my friend, cause he thinks 3 Ultimate is just an HD Remake of Tri for the Wii.

Thanks in Advance.
#2XCrimsonSamuraiPosted 2/20/2013 9:13:27 AM
Your friend apparently can't research anything on his own.

Tell him the "U" part of MH3U doesn't mean that it's simply for the Wii U, it means that it's the G-rank MH game of generation 3. There will be more monsters, there will be more quests, there will be more weapons/armour, all the weapon classes from previous games return, there will be a whole new class of difficulty; G-rank, and there will be more awesome.

Why so many people think this is a HD re-release, I will never know. If that were the case, the game would be called "Monster Hunter Tri HD", and not have an augmented title, you know, entailing that it's obviously more "Ultimate" than it's previous incarnation.
---
PSN ID: CrimsonSamuraiX
#3yellowpikminboyPosted 2/20/2013 9:20:37 AM
Well, the ad trailer *watches as it plays as I am typing this message* boasts having 200+ quests. In addition, counting subspecies as completely new bosses, there are almost three times as many Large Monsters in Ultimate.

Plus, there is the new "G Rank" hunts, which are even harder than High Rank. G rank has its own equipment sets as well, which all have new looks compared to the low and high rank look. Another new addition to Tri is having every weapon type. Plus, weapons also can come with a new element. As well as new weapons, there are now new areas to Tri, including a new Elder Dragon.

Further still, Offline has gotten a beefed up set of content, allowing you to play High Rank stuff alone, rather than being forced online. And it isn't really "alone". You have Cha-cha, as well as Kimboya (sp?), a new Shakalaka companion.

Make sure your friend knows about every one of these details. If knowing all this, your friend still thinks its just an HD release, he's an idiot.
---
You know that game I never played? That one?
10/10, GoTY and Best (insert genre here).
#4IronticsDragonLPosted 2/20/2013 9:43:20 AM
yellowpikminboy posted...
Well, the ad trailer *watches as it plays as I am typing this message* boasts having 200+ quests. In addition, counting subspecies as completely new bosses, there are almost three times as many Large Monsters in Ultimate.

Plus, there is the new "G Rank" hunts, which are even harder than High Rank. G rank has its own equipment sets as well, which all have new looks compared to the low and high rank look. Another new addition to Tri is having every weapon type. Plus, weapons also can come with a new element. As well as new weapons, there are now new areas to Tri, including a new Elder Dragon.

Further still, Offline has gotten a beefed up set of content, allowing you to play High Rank stuff alone, rather than being forced online. And it isn't really "alone". You have Cha-cha, as well as Kayamba, a new Shakalaka companion.

Make sure your friend knows about every one of these details. If knowing all this, your friend still thinks its just an HD release, he's an idiot.

Fixed
---
Atma Weapon is the most badass weapon in Final Fantasy 6
PSN: bradeli Steam: IronticsDragonLord Gamertag: AsternGoblin6 My Online Nintendo ID: IronticsDragonL
#5LapanuiPosted 2/20/2013 12:17:41 PM
MH3U has 126 offline quests and over 159 online quests. I counted the online quests, but the 8 star quests aren't there, so you could expect around 180 to 190 online quests in total.

Don't forget there will be Event quests, which will mostly come every week. They usually give you tickets or something to make a weapon or some armor.

MHTri has 57 offline quests and 96 online quests.

So in total, MHTri has 153 quests and MH3U has 285.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#6Eddie_5(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 9:24:51 AM
My friend doesn´t care much about Monster Hunter so he won´t inform himself. He just b!tches about how they release the same game on two new platforms.

Lapanui posted...
MH3U has 126 offline quests and over 159 online quests. I counted the online quests, but the 8 star quests aren't there, so you could expect around 180 to 190 online quests in total.

Don't forget there will be Event quests, which will mostly come every week. They usually give you tickets or something to make a weapon or some armor.

MHTri has 57 offline quests and 96 online quests.

So in total, MHTri has 153 quests and MH3U has 285.

Great! Thanks for the effort Lapanui!