Use my Wii Classic Controller, or buy a WiiU CCP?

#1ChicagoTed_Posted 2/20/2013 12:52:24 PM
I played Tri with a classic controller. Not even a Pro, just the original one. It was okay, acceptable.

I'm really liking the look of the WiiU CCP, but I could buy another game for that price. Is it worth it, or should I stick to the old one I've got?
---
No Zombie is safe from Chicago Ted
#2GoldenFox98Posted 2/20/2013 1:07:41 PM
If you're talking about the Classic Controller for the Wii versus the Wii U Pro for the Wii U the consensus seems to be that the Wii U Pro is a waste of money since it has the same button layout as the GamePad while not being much more comfortable and being less functional (on top of costing fifty-sixty dollars).
---
Rainbow dolphins that leap out from a cloud of confetti?
Brilliant! - wikido
#3BeerOnTapPosted 2/20/2013 1:41:41 PM
What's wrong with the regular game pad (Wii U)?
#4Village IdiotPosted 2/20/2013 2:30:34 PM
BeerOnTap posted...
What's wrong with the regular game pad (Wii U)?

Short battery life and whether or not you're comfortable using it.
---
Actually, since Wedge Antilles > Carriers, and Carriers = Instant win, then it should be Wedge Antilles > Instant win. He's just that good XD -PsionicDude
#5JDuBz_IVPosted 2/20/2013 2:45:08 PM
one: just plug the gamepad in and you can play forever. also, the gamepad is plenty comfortable.

two: the Wii U Pro Controller is the most comfortable wireless game controller I have ever held, and I go back to the days of Atari. as a bonus, the battery life for a Pro is 80 plus hours per charge, with vibration. take that ps360... !
---
Posted using my Wii U
Nintendo Network ID : LiTezOuT-IV
#6XCrimsonSamuraiPosted 2/20/2013 4:50:38 PM
Why people still want to use the CCP is beyond me. I mean, I get it, to each their own, some people still like it, and being able to claw is alright, but in my personal experience, using the CCP was always a chore. Could be my setup, but when using the CCP on Tri, I had no convenient place to put the Wiimote while the CCP was plugged into it. I had to either put it on my bed next to me and have it constantly slide off while playing, or just put the damn thing in my pocket.

Now, I don't mind wired controllers, but even wired controllers aren't as bad as the CCP. It's just like using a controller with a weight attached to it - who wants that? I'd honestly be okay with the Gamepad, or even the WiiU pro for the extended battery life - assuming I was ready to drop another $50 on it.
---
PSN ID: CrimsonSamuraiX
#7jagger_wandererPosted 2/20/2013 10:40:45 PM
Kudos to the CCP still attached to the wiimote. I always tell anyone trying out the controller to put the wiimote in their pocket and if their pocket isn't big enough; I tell them to wrap the wire around their neck.
---
Joy is to the ears that hear not the mouth that speaks.
Chronicles of the Unbeliever
#8MoxRavagerPosted 2/20/2013 11:03:22 PM
Am I the only one who misses the wii-mote?

I liked not worrying about buttons when changing up my attacks.
---
Please do not post a picture of your fecal matter. ~AverageAverage
#9selfdeztructionPosted 2/20/2013 11:20:56 PM
jagger_wanderer posted...
Kudos to the CCP still attached to the wiimote. I always tell anyone trying out the controller to put the wiimote in their pocket and if their pocket isn't big enough; I tell them to wrap the wire around their neck.

I always used a carabineer to connect the wrist strap to a belt loop on my shorts/pants.

Putting the wiimote in my pocket never felt comfortable.
---
XBL/PSN (PS3&vita)/Wii-U/Skype-selfdeztruction
Wii FC(HaVoK) 6605 3315 8599 4345 3DSXL FC(HaVoK) 3780 9281 5652 I'm no fanboy,I'm a dirty whore.OKC gamer
#10MasterTKPosted 2/21/2013 2:16:37 AM
Wii U classic pro controller is easily the best and the most comfortable controller I've ever used. Yes - it is pretty expensive, but totally worth it. Just bought mine.