High Rank and G-Rank ( how's it for solo? )

#1chibistevoPosted 2/24/2013 6:41:41 AM
Looked over a few of the Wikis and I'm a little confused as to what the state of play is going to be in this version.

Essentially, I'd be more happy with the setup from FU and P3rd. Challenging gameplay, but rarely suffering from timeouts.

Tri was a disappointment to me as I have no intention of going multiplayer, yet soloing Tri's system was pretty impossible, at least from a justifiable time perspective thanks to monster HP.

Anyone have any experience with it, and have a decent guess of how much material one can get out of the game purely solo?
#2RudderZPosted 2/24/2013 8:00:29 AM
chibistevo posted...
Looked over a few of the Wikis and I'm a little confused as to what the state of play is going to be in this version.

Essentially, I'd be more happy with the setup from FU and P3rd. Challenging gameplay, but rarely suffering from timeouts.

Tri was a disappointment to me as I have no intention of going multiplayer, yet soloing Tri's system was pretty impossible, at least from a justifiable time perspective thanks to monster HP.

Anyone have any experience with it, and have a decent guess of how much material one can get out of the game purely solo?

G-Rank is solo able. I killed Gran Miraos without any help and it wasn't too bad, about as hard as getting to Crimson Fatalis solo in Unite. Still have mixed success against monsters, but yes, it's likely all solo able if you have the patience.
#3Mad_MerikPosted 2/24/2013 9:53:57 AM
Totally agree, all the quests can be done solo, though you will need a certain amount of skill for G rank.
---
Monster Hunter I.D. - Ravenous, all versions
UK Hunter
#4MugaazPosted 2/24/2013 11:03:50 AM
I soloed everything in Tri pretty easy except Alatreon and Jhen. Not sure what youre talking about honestly.
#5chibistevo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 12:27:45 AM
Mugaaz posted...
I soloed everything in Tri pretty easy except Alatreon and Jhen. Not sure what youre talking about honestly.

Tri's problem was more time than anything. I'm pretty sure I could have soloed my way through the most of it, but it would have been a tow compared to the portable games. There was also HR rank farming.

Pretty sure all the HR variants in P3rd / FU were infinitely easier to take down than Tri's counterparts anyway.

Anyway, good to know.
#6iceachePosted 2/25/2013 12:35:20 AM
Tri's problem was more time than anything

What?

No, it seems Tri's problem, was you.