Define "clunky controls"

#1MillionGunmannnPosted 2/25/2013 2:58:06 PM
Take the GS for example. What is so clunky about a few frames if startup for the animation, the animation of him doing a full-motion swing that is relative toward the speed a normal hunter in canon would, then finally picking the sword up and returning to a neutral state.

Every attack by a monster also has these same properties.
#2deaddaysPosted 2/25/2013 3:06:46 PM
Not to mention that everyone knows you cancel out of the GS recovery animation by rolling out of every swing.

EVERY TIME. NO EXCEPTIONS.
#3Rainey-kinsPosted 2/25/2013 3:10:22 PM
People are complaining because they're spoiled with their hyper-fast, super combos, and button-mashing auto-target fights. :T
---
Royal Rose
#4Meaka2013Posted 2/25/2013 3:13:16 PM
I find all weapons can cancel animations at the right timing rather then standing there to wait gs works well with that, I dont have problems with slowness or any other weapon issues.
#5GojeranPosted 2/25/2013 4:00:17 PM
I hate this word applied to MH.

The controls are not clunky, the animations just take time.

But people get lazy and then say the controls are clunky.
---
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate comes out March 19th for the Wii U.
#6CatToyPosted 2/25/2013 4:02:31 PM
Rainey-kins posted...
People are complaining because they're spoiled with their hyper-fast, super combos, and button-mashing auto-target fights. :T

This is effectively it. Monster Hunter and the Souls games are about the only series where you have to actually swing your weapon, as opposed to hitting instantly and watching a wind down animation after, and people just aren't used to it.
---
Duba Dubababa Ba Da! Dub?
http://whatpulse.org/stats/users/338862/
#7VanillascoutPosted 2/25/2013 4:09:16 PM
What they say: clunky controls
What they mean: I find these controls hard to get used to in comparison to games I play.

What MH players hear: I am not worthy of playing MH and should go back to my easy to play games.
#8TheGigginoxPosted 2/25/2013 4:18:15 PM
I've broken a few pro controllers just because I can't quite grip them correctly. I understand the frustration.
---
Knock three times on the ceiling if you want me...
#9CrmsnFatalis96Posted 2/25/2013 4:24:27 PM
Vanillascout posted...
What they mean: I find these controls hard to get used to in comparison to games I play.

What MH players hear: I am not worthy of playing MH and should go back to my easy to play games.

This is unfortunately true, and it's the reason everyone hates the MH fanbase. If only they could understand where we're (well, some of us) coming from. Instead, they think that we're deluded elitist fanboys.
#10bearded_moosePosted 2/25/2013 5:02:42 PM
Vanillascout posted...
What they mean: i want instant gratification

fix'd
---
-Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
PirateSwordsman is my new favorite.1/18/13