After playing the demo are you still getting the game?

#1Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 2/28/2013 3:46:42 AM
After playing the demo are you still getting the game? - Results (180 votes)
Yes I was getting it anyway
46.11% (83 votes)
Yes I was getting it anyway and liked the demo
46.11% (83 votes)
No I was planing on buying the game but was disappointed by the demo
7.78% (14 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I personally was looking forward to the game but I did not like how clunky the controls were during battle. It's to bad though the game looks really good but im glad I played the demo to see how the controls were for me and I just didnt like them also all the weapons are so slow and its all the ones I would use like the great sword etc. So yea how about you guys?
---
My 5 Favortive Games of all time are 1) Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. 2) Phantasy Star Online EP 1&2. 3) Star Ocean Till The End Of Time. 4) MGS 2 PS2. 5) FF 9
#2NidoDariusPosted 2/28/2013 4:23:49 AM
Lol, there's that word again...

The controls are not clunky, you just suck.
#3Brady672_AT_fanPosted 2/28/2013 4:52:29 AM
I love it when people complain about controls they only messed with for less than 20 minutes.

It's like how Kid Icarus Uprising was the best game on the 3ds for a while (still up there too) and everyone was like "ERMERGERD CONTROLS SUX!" when they can change the button layout to something more conventional.
---
I'm not Superman, that's for sure. And I'm not Batman or Spiderman or Aquaman or a wolfman or a merman. I'm not brahman or common or ramen, either.
#4AntiReligionistPosted 2/28/2013 4:54:41 AM
What does clunky controls mean?
---
Never again will I bend to Xbox's will.
#5Link HTPosted 2/28/2013 5:08:49 AM
I used to think the GS was slow... Then I learned how to play =)
---
http://i.imgur.com/Tx1FX.jpg
#6ObLiViOn418Posted 2/28/2013 5:09:25 AM
Xx5ILLYR4BBITxX posted...
I just didnt like them also all the weapons are so slow and its all the ones I would use like the great sword etc.

lolz Well ain't that too bad? What's wrong with slow? This isn't a game where you can swing mindlessly anyways, this ain't God Eater! lolz Great Sword is awesome being slow, learn to use it properly :P The only thing that annoys me is analog being above the dpad lolz Gotta reverse my crab hand! :( Oh well, just gotta ADJUST to it. Adjust to the weapon's playstyle!
---
Playstation Network Identification: ThienThan
Justin.tv: Shugotenshi ~ Twitter: Shugotenshi714 ~ Youtube: ThienThan ~ Steam: ThienThan
#7firefoxredPosted 2/28/2013 5:22:25 AM
It is quite humorous everyone says the controls are clunky or terrible, they are not. You have to imagine like its a real person swinging it. Just because Cloud was able to swing a sword twice his size like it was nothing doesn't mean everyone with a sword that big will. I would highly suggest you pick something faster like Sword and Shield or Dual Swords and see if you fair any better if its speed you want.
---
Wii U : UnknownFox
Feel free to add for Monster Hunter :D
#8Meaka2013Posted 2/28/2013 5:33:55 AM
Yeah what is clunky? seems popular these days never heard one person complain about controlls from 3 so why now? Just takes practice its a unique game that is different from the rest is that what clunky is?
#9UncleSporkyPosted 2/28/2013 6:33:00 AM
firefoxred posted...
It is quite humorous everyone says the controls are clunky or terrible, they are not. You have to imagine like its a real person swinging it. Just because Cloud was able to swing a sword twice his size like it was nothing doesn't mean everyone with a sword that big will. I would highly suggest you pick something faster like Sword and Shield or Dual Swords and see if you fair any better if its speed you want.

I don't think that's fair. You're essentially saying that if something is realistic, then it can't possibly be clunky.

You could make the same argument that "just because most video game characters never use the bathroom doesn't mean that none of them do," in order to prove that a game where you have to poop every 5 minutes isn't clunky.

In fact it's the argument that was made for GTA4's driving physics. They made things more realistic, and in doing so made the gameplay less fun. People call the driving clunky, and maybe it is. The older games were more arcadey and snappy and responsive.

In general I think if attacks do have weight, if things get ever so slightly more realistic and characters aren't as fast or as strong as in most games, quite often that CAN result in a clunky-feeling game. Mario turns on a dime, you don't have to watch him slowly turn around like a real person would have to do. etc.
#10AntiReligionistPosted 2/28/2013 6:50:48 AM
Well I did actually find the meaning of clunky!

The definition of clunky is something that makes lots of noise.

Clunky means something that is large and awkward.

Since I doubt TC means the first one he must then think that the game play is large and awkward. I see. I can get the awkward part from beginners view, but large? Well guess there are some large weapons and monsters lol.

So yeah I guess I can see how beginner can think the game play is clunky.
---
Never again will I bend to Xbox's will.