MH3U Release Day Hunt Event.

#1AlpaIPosted 3/5/2013 8:24:12 AM
oi49.tinypic.com/5lyukh.jpg

3 communities will be coming together to share our love for hunting monsters!

I have been working with members of Unity and club1kjho to bring our communities together and start new with the release of MH3U.

Announcing our first ever launch day collab hunt!!!

When MH3U comes out, our three communities will join together to meet new friends, hunt with old friends, and take down some monsters.

Club1kjho (www.club1kjho.com) is a new up and coming Monster Hunter community so go check them out. Capcom-Unity is the official forum and has been around for seemingly ever.

Thanks to CHUMP for helping organize this with Capcom-Unity and their staff.

CHUMP (A moderator on Unity) is working with Yuri an admin at Capcom on getting the name of servers as to allow us a set location, as soon we know we'll update this thread.

We don't care how good you are, how often you post, or if your "famous....Show up and join us for a week long Release hunt.

I'll be creating another formal thread as soon as all details are finalized although plan on spending your release hunting with players across all forums.
---
I'm Always Right
www.club1kjho.com
#2c0rr0s10nPosted 3/5/2013 8:26:09 AM
why does it start on the 18th when we dont get it til the 19th?

also what kind of event could they possibly have day 1 for players with no gear?
---
When asked about Black Ops 2, ii Tryhard has this to say: "If you have <2 KD, you are BAD at this game."
#3GoldenFox98Posted 3/5/2013 8:28:48 AM
Wait, since when was GameFAQs on good terms with Unity? When did that happen?
---
Rainbow dolphins that leap out from a cloud of confetti?
Brilliant! - wikido
#4AlpaI(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 8:29:47 AM
c0rr0s10n posted...
why does it start on the 18th when we dont get it til the 19th?

also what kind of event could they possibly have day 1 for players with no gear?

It's supposed to be a week long, you can ignore the 18th date...

It's not necessarily anything special, it's just a location designated where people from all 3 sites will play.

This is to allow you to bypass playing with "randoms" and play with people you have either seen post or will see posting on a forum in the future.

There's talk of inclusion of special Capcom "prizes" although until that's finalized we can't announce anything.
---
I'm Always Right
www.club1kjho.com
#5AlpaI(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 8:30:02 AM
GoldenFox98 posted...
Wait, since when was GameFAQs on good terms with Unity? When did that happen?

Today.
---
I'm Always Right
www.club1kjho.com
#6LostSoldier20Posted 3/5/2013 8:33:32 AM
It does not matter much now who is on good terms with who. This is about celebrating the release as one big community.

The event is likely to be an amazing time, and hope as many people as possible turn out. Maybe some of you will want to start offline, but do a little bit of it for practice then head online. Like Alpal said, we're not concerned with skill, we just wanna have fun.
---
http://i49.tinypic.com/5lyukh.jpg
Come join 1kJho, Unity, and fellow GameFAQs members to kick MH3U off with a bang.
#7GoldenFox98Posted 3/5/2013 8:34:03 AM
A little weird to see us being okay with Unity now but whatever. Hope I run into Valkor during release, dude was pretty rad in Tri.
---
Rainbow dolphins that leap out from a cloud of confetti?
Brilliant! - wikido
#8AlpaI(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 8:34:53 AM
GoldenFox98 posted...
A little weird to see us being okay with Unity now but whatever. Hope I run into Valkor during release, dude was pretty rad in Tri.

The goal was to bring us together.

Which is why I reached out to CHUMP and the rest of Unity to make this happen.
---
I'm Always Right
www.club1kjho.com
#9AlrediphPosted 3/5/2013 9:40:23 AM
Looking forward to it.

c0rr0s10n posted...

I finished Tri before heading online, but I've heard of people playing it exclusively online. I think it will be a good experience for me to approach the game differently than I did in Tri, especially if everyone's in a similar situation.

Or you can grind before joining everyone else. It's not a one-day event, after all.
---
www.club1kjho.com
#10yellowpikminboyPosted 3/5/2013 9:43:59 AM
Alrediph posted...
Looking forward to it.

c0rr0s10n posted...

I finished Tri before heading online, but I've heard of people playing it exclusively online. I think it will be a good experience for me to approach the game differently than I did in Tri, especially if everyone's in a similar situation.

Or you can grind before joining everyone else. It's not a one-day event, after all.

Not only that, but the game does start everyone with an armor set and one of every weapon. The most anyone will "need" to do in terms of prep is unlock the farm and start building that up.
---
You know that game I never played? That one?
10/10, GoTY and Best (insert genre here).