I just turned 20. Is 20 years old too old an age to be playing video games?

#1AstronomerJakePosted 3/8/2013 6:37:50 PM
And particularly, rpg's/adventure games with a lot of grinding in them, which Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate may have.

I sort of feel guilty playing a game like this, that has hundreds of ours of gameplay, when I could be doing other stuff outside like throwing frisbees, going for walks, or running around in circles around a tree.

I sort of feel like 20+ years old gamers should stick to either playing really short games like arcade ones, or quite altogether, since we could be more productive doing other activities.
#2T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 3/8/2013 6:40:33 PM
24. Almost 25. Sure as hell don't feel bad about it. It's my hobby and I love it.
---
To err is human, but to really screw things up you need a computer!
NNID: CodenameGreyFox
#3AviaraBluePosted 3/8/2013 6:40:49 PM
If you can manage your time wisely you can put some decent hours into this game.
---
--------------------
PSN - AzureNyx. "Chill and have fun, don't ***** about the small stuff.
#4ShyvanaPosted 3/8/2013 6:42:59 PM
After seeing 50 year old people playing TERA, yeah, no. Definitely not too old.
---
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/9412/comeatmebro1.png
didn't america win the civil war? - lunarknight64 (Posted 11/10/2009 3:15:32 PM)
#5Xepher988Posted 3/8/2013 6:44:00 PM
T3H_1337_N1NJ4 posted...
24. Almost 25. Sure as hell don't feel bad about it. It's my hobby and I love it.

Everything this poster said even the same age.
---
GT: Earthbound12 http://myanimelist.net/profile/Earthbound12
#6AviaraBluePosted 3/8/2013 6:45:54 PM
3 24 year olds in one topic? What are the odds?

Lol, 25 come the 30th.
---
--------------------
PSN - AzureNyx. "Chill and have fun, don't ***** about the small stuff.
#7TheDoorMousePosted 3/8/2013 6:48:30 PM
I'm 26 myself. My buddy plays games more than I do and he's 31.

Plus some of those Game Informer reviewers gotta be pretty old by now too.
---
Digimon Remix = Hilarious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO4xMKkJDog&feature=youtu.be
#8chinsyghttPosted 3/8/2013 6:53:45 PM
AstronomerJake posted...
And particularly, rpg's/adventure games with a lot of grinding in them, which Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate may have.

I sort of feel guilty playing a game like this, that has hundreds of ours of gameplay, when I could be doing other stuff outside like throwing frisbees, going for walks, or running around in circles around a tree.

I sort of feel like 20+ years old gamers should stick to either playing really short games like arcade ones, or quite altogether, since we could be more productive doing other activities.

I turned 20 back in January; life for us is only just getting started my friend. I attend university, I have a love life, I spend a ton of time with my family, and I play a ton of games. Alot of the people I play with are almost 5 years older than me; some even more. I plan to put more than 1000 hours into this game by the end of this year. On top of that I play a ton of Dragonball Z, Naruto, Grand theft Auto ect, and I dont plan on putting them down anytime soon. We all like different things; dont impose on yourself the silly values that the "matures" of society try to enforce.
---
PSN: KUh_R3m
#9orBhsiFPosted 3/8/2013 7:03:30 PM
chinsyghtt posted...
AstronomerJake posted...

I turned 20 back in January; life for us is only just getting started my friend. I attend university, I have a love life, I spend a ton of time with my family, and I play a ton of games. Alot of the people I play with are almost 5 years older than me; some even more. I plan to put more than 1000 hours into this game by the end of this year. On top of that I play a ton of Dragonball Z, Naruto, Grand theft Auto ect, and I dont plan on putting them down anytime soon. We all like different things; dont impose on yourself the silly values that the "matures" of society try to enforce.

What date back in January? I also turned 20 then.
#10ZvolTxPosted 3/8/2013 7:10:59 PM
20 is too old to be stealing money from your sister.
---
http://i50.tinypic.com/344dpwn.jpg