I just turned 20. Is 20 years old too old an age to be playing video games?

#11chinsyghttPosted 3/8/2013 7:11:52 PM
orBhsiF posted...
chinsyghtt posted...
AstronomerJake posted...
And particularly, rpg's/adventure games with a lot of grinding in them, which Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate may have.

I sort of feel guilty playing a game like this, that has hundreds of ours of gameplay, when I could be doing other stuff outside like throwing frisbees, going for walks, or running around in circles around a tree.

I sort of feel like 20+ years old gamers should stick to either playing really short games like arcade ones, or quite altogether, since we could be more productive doing other activities.

I turned 20 back in January; life for us is only just getting started my friend. I attend university, I have a love life, I spend a ton of time with my family, and I play a ton of games. Alot of the people I play with are almost 5 years older than me; some even more. I plan to put more than 1000 hours into this game by the end of this year. On top of that I play a ton of Dragonball Z, Naruto, Grand theft Auto ect, and I dont plan on putting them down anytime soon. We all like different things; dont impose on yourself the silly values that the "matures" of society try to enforce.

What date back in January? I also turned 20 then.

The 29th what about you?
---
PSN: KUh_R3m
#12ZauronPosted 3/8/2013 7:47:46 PM
God I hope not, I'm 35 and all I do is play video games and when I'm not playing them, make video games for a living.
---
www.zauron.net
www.crazyvikingstudios.com
#13LokarinPosted 3/8/2013 7:53:29 PM
20 is probably too old to be leeching video games, but playing? Games are forever!
---
This message has been brought to you by salt.
"Salt cures Everything!"
#14XCrimsonSamuraiPosted 3/8/2013 7:54:56 PM
24 as well, I'll be playing video games until I'm old and grey.
---
PSN and Nintendo Network: CrimsonSamuraiX
#15The_LuXxPosted 3/8/2013 8:09:44 PM
I'm 30 and I work as a personal trainer, I don't feel guilty about playing video games, I have many recreational hobbies too. But if all your activities are sedentary that's when you should assess yourself.
#16Primum_MobilePosted 3/8/2013 8:09:49 PM
AstronomerJake posted...
running around in circles around a tree.

...wth? at least say going clubing or something. o wait, that's 21, at least that's when you can admit it.

I was playing video game the most during college, so i don't see the problem.
If you are working, then you might run into issue w/ not having enough time to play (even though you finally have the money to buy all the games you want, well, most of them anyway).
---
I need a sharp instrument... or blunt, blunt is good, too.
- Chisame Hasegawa, Negima (Del Rey TL)
#17PhoenixWright2Posted 3/8/2013 8:11:30 PM
20 is definitely too old to be playing video games. You should feel ashamed.
#18ShyvanaPosted 3/8/2013 8:19:10 PM
loooooooool

I'm 24 too, will be 25 on August 24th. 8D
---
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/9412/comeatmebro1.png
didn't america win the civil war? - lunarknight64 (Posted 11/10/2009 3:15:32 PM)
#19Cpt_of_IndustryPosted 3/8/2013 8:27:50 PM
Wow... is this guy serious?
---
The Jersey Guy
#20Cpt_of_IndustryPosted 3/8/2013 8:31:13 PM
20 years old? Wow you're practically a dinosaur. Does your back hurt at all yet? Wow... a real live 20 year old. Arthritis probably makes it hard to type don't worry you don't have to respond.
---
The Jersey Guy