I just turned 20. Is 20 years old too old an age to be playing video games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  3. I just turned 20. Is 20 years old too old an age to be playing video games?

User Info: chinsyghtt

chinsyghtt
3 years ago#11
orBhsiF posted...
chinsyghtt posted...
AstronomerJake posted...
And particularly, rpg's/adventure games with a lot of grinding in them, which Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate may have.

I sort of feel guilty playing a game like this, that has hundreds of ours of gameplay, when I could be doing other stuff outside like throwing frisbees, going for walks, or running around in circles around a tree.

I sort of feel like 20+ years old gamers should stick to either playing really short games like arcade ones, or quite altogether, since we could be more productive doing other activities.

I turned 20 back in January; life for us is only just getting started my friend. I attend university, I have a love life, I spend a ton of time with my family, and I play a ton of games. Alot of the people I play with are almost 5 years older than me; some even more. I plan to put more than 1000 hours into this game by the end of this year. On top of that I play a ton of Dragonball Z, Naruto, Grand theft Auto ect, and I dont plan on putting them down anytime soon. We all like different things; dont impose on yourself the silly values that the "matures" of society try to enforce.

What date back in January? I also turned 20 then.

The 29th what about you?
PSN: KUh_R3m

User Info: Zauron

Zauron
3 years ago#12
God I hope not, I'm 35 and all I do is play video games and when I'm not playing them, make video games for a living.
www.zauron.net
www.crazyvikingstudios.com

User Info: Lokarin

Lokarin
3 years ago#13
20 is probably too old to be leeching video games, but playing? Games are forever!
This message has been brought to you by salt.
"Salt cures Everything!"

User Info: XCrimsonSamurai

XCrimsonSamurai
3 years ago#14
24 as well, I'll be playing video games until I'm old and grey.
PSN and Nintendo Network: CrimsonSamuraiX

User Info: The_LuXx

The_LuXx
3 years ago#15
I'm 30 and I work as a personal trainer, I don't feel guilty about playing video games, I have many recreational hobbies too. But if all your activities are sedentary that's when you should assess yourself.

User Info: Primum_Mobile

Primum_Mobile
3 years ago#16
AstronomerJake posted...
running around in circles around a tree.

...wth? at least say going clubing or something. o wait, that's 21, at least that's when you can admit it.

I was playing video game the most during college, so i don't see the problem.
If you are working, then you might run into issue w/ not having enough time to play (even though you finally have the money to buy all the games you want, well, most of them anyway).
I need a sharp instrument... or blunt, blunt is good, too.
- Chisame Hasegawa, Negima (Del Rey TL)

User Info: PhoenixWright2

PhoenixWright2
3 years ago#17
20 is definitely too old to be playing video games. You should feel ashamed.

User Info: Shyvana

Shyvana
3 years ago#18
loooooooool

I'm 24 too, will be 25 on August 24th. 8D
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/9412/comeatmebro1.png
didn't america win the civil war? - lunarknight64 (Posted 11/10/2009 3:15:32 PM)

User Info: Cpt_of_Industry

Cpt_of_Industry
3 years ago#19
Wow... is this guy serious?
The Jersey Guy

User Info: Cpt_of_Industry

Cpt_of_Industry
3 years ago#20
20 years old? Wow you're practically a dinosaur. Does your back hurt at all yet? Wow... a real live 20 year old. Arthritis probably makes it hard to type don't worry you don't have to respond.
The Jersey Guy
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  3. I just turned 20. Is 20 years old too old an age to be playing video games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived