I just turned 20. Is 20 years old too old an age to be playing video games?

#101KatanalvrPosted 3/9/2013 5:39:27 AM
I know a couple of guys at work who are over 34-35 and they still game, so I definitely don't think 20 is.
---
History, can you hear the cries of those without voices?
#102VikingDieselPosted 3/9/2013 5:41:18 AM
31 and game. Not as much as I want too.
#103SuraiyuPosted 3/9/2013 5:45:45 AM
Gunna be 31 this may...and I have 4 handhelds....and 4 Systems....so NO, 20 is just right!
#104tr1besPosted 3/9/2013 5:50:11 AM
36 here, I still play games but only for a little bit. 30 min most on some days. Work, a beautiful wife and my newly borned precious daughter slow me down dramatically. I remember playing counterstrike for 10 hours straight while being single. So you guys who are still single, play as much as possible. Once the family come in, things will be different.
#105VikingDieselPosted 3/9/2013 5:57:27 AM
tr1bes posted...
36 here, I still play games but only for a little bit. 30 min most on some days. Work, a beautiful wife and my newly borned precious daughter slow me down dramatically. I remember playing counterstrike for 10 hours straight while being single. So you guys who are still single, play as much as possible. Once the family come in, things will be different.

Here here.grants on the baby and godbless. Best way to get more game time in. is teach the babies how to play MH. And my son always ask to play in front of his mom. So she doesn't give me ishh about it.
#106teknic1200Posted 3/9/2013 6:02:42 AM
AstronomerJake posted...
And particularly, rpg's/adventure games with a lot of grinding in them, which Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate may have.

I sort of feel guilty playing a game like this, that has hundreds of ours of gameplay, when I could be doing other stuff outside like throwing frisbees, going for walks, or running around in circles around a tree.

I sort of feel like 20+ years old gamers should stick to either playing really short games like arcade ones, or quite altogether, since we could be more productive doing other activities.

born in 1972, addicted to video games since pong, a close friend of the family did have a pong box.

other more productive activities? I have a career which involves computers and my boss is a gamer older than me. (most geeks are gamers for life) I'm either chillin' with my wife, fixing something around the house, wrenching or riding on my motorcycle, or gaming. We've had no kids so we've continued to be kids.

sounds like a nice life to me, if I'm not out on a ride I actually kinda hate leaving my house.
---
Today is the Tomorrow you were promised Yesterday
#107OEIO999Posted 3/9/2013 6:03:01 AM
Yes, totally. I'm still 19 so I'm in the 'safe' zone, you on the other hand need to thoroughly take a look at your life man

Just joshing, you can play games at any age you want. Although you should always set your priorities straight
#108ChargrilledPosted 3/9/2013 6:11:36 AM
Dear oh dear oh dear.
---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN/Wii-U : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#109StilgharPosted 3/9/2013 6:13:42 AM
From a 37-year-old I.T. professional with way too much grey in his beard, there is no such thing as "too old for video games".

One of the bitterest arguments I ever had with my ex was over games (even M-rated titles) - he considered them childish and a waste of any sane adult's time.

There's a reason he's now my ex. ;)
#110ZupmahPosted 3/9/2013 6:22:55 AM
Yes. If you are 20+ you need to start devote time to other stuff. Real world is the best game there is and there are so much to see! Remember that we don't have too much time in a lifetime! You have probably lived 1/4 of your life already! I am 25 and my hours devoted to gaming are declining. When I was 16-18 I could spend 100+ hours a week just gaming. It sure is fun when you do it, but In the end it is just a waste of time. My plan is to not play for more than 10 hours a week when I'm 30. Now I'm at about 15-20 hours per week.