I just turned 20. Is 20 years old too old an age to be playing video games?

#31DaMan1900Posted 3/8/2013 8:48:23 PM
my 66 yr old boss plays cod...
---
Ex Sony Fanboy
#32Talinthis2Posted 3/8/2013 9:00:21 PM
i love rpgs but i try to avoid them like the plague now.. i just dont have enough time to play them anymore. sad but true. i still get into all my other games regularly though.
#33x_lotoPosted 3/8/2013 9:07:43 PM
AstronomerJake posted...
And particularly, rpg's/adventure games with a lot of grinding in them, which Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate may have.

I sort of feel guilty playing a game like this, that has hundreds of ours of gameplay, when I could be doing other stuff outside like throwing frisbees, going for walks, or running around in circles around a tree.

I sort of feel like 20+ years old gamers should stick to either playing really short games like arcade ones, or quite altogether, since we could be more productive doing other activities.

I'm 34 and I still play video games. I do have to balance my time with my kid, though; I have an 18-month-old, and I also help take care of my mother-in-law now, who recently had a stroke. Still, with all that, I manage to find time for the really productive things, like throwing frisbees, going for walks, running in circles around trees, walking into trees, running around walking frisbees, treeing round walkers with frisbees, shooting random passersby with a taser, and throwing frisbees at trees while walking around.
---
Let's Play: Side x Side! - http://www.youtube.com/user/xloto0 - Now Playing: DRAGON QUEST IV, Where's the Blanket Charlie Brown?
http://tinyurl.com/bqjpa7h
#34helix090Posted 3/8/2013 9:08:57 PM
I don't remember where exactly but I recall reading on gamespot that the current average age of a gamer is 33 or so so 20 is not old for gaming. Heck i'm older than 20 & i still game....when i have time to put into it. Getting old just meas you'll have less time due to work, school, etc
#35StafirPosted 3/8/2013 9:17:29 PM
As long as you can sit down for, usually, up to 50 minutes at a time. Then you arn't 'too old' for this game.

Gaming is a hobby, and something that was introduced when many were kids..but those kids grew up.

Ya know what else got introduced when people were kids?

Television
Westerns
Model Cars

And many other things.

Gaming is a hobby, not a 'childs toy' as so many try to label it. You honestly arn't ever 'too old' for gaming. You might get too busy, you might have your interests go elsewhere, you may wind up with little free time and spend it doing other things or just not enough time to make good use of games.

But you don't really get too old.
---
Reviewer and news gaming sites are only credible if it proves the poster's point.
If it doesn't, then they're just biased trash. -- Savott on Troll logic.
#36PangLaPosted 3/8/2013 9:20:15 PM
I somehow feel insulted by this topic...
#37ReptilesBladePosted 3/8/2013 9:31:44 PM
I am 30 and married. Will turn 31 in June.

The answer is no.
---
The best board on the site!
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=510
#38yarow12Posted 3/8/2013 9:32:57 PM
After the teen years, people should really get their daily exercise whenever possible. Other than that, play as much as you want.
---
Where are all the trees going? o.O
{not changing sig until humanity meets responsibility June 2008}
#39CyhortI82Posted 3/8/2013 9:37:49 PM
No. But is a bit too old to be asking such stupid questions so you might wanna work on that.
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I believe in the Straight Edge Savior and the Mizziah I love DLC :)
#40NeekNeekPosted 3/8/2013 9:41:55 PM
I'm 19 and I dropped $100 of my hard earned money buying back my childhood.. (Pokemon silver,gold,red, mega man xtreme 2)
---
REALM OF DEBEBE PARTY ANIMAL