IGN Video Review is up

#11Dark GunnerPosted 3/17/2013 5:43:58 PM
Ericxc posted...
If tri got a 8.8

and this got an 8.8

Does that mean there was no improvement from Tri to Ultimate?

Or did some areas get worse, while others get better, making the score the same?

I'd say it's more that gamers (should) expect more from a game now, then back then..... maybe.... so the fact that it does have more makes it even out? I dunno.
---
PSN: FinalOcean
Currently Playing: Demon's Souls, BlazBlue Continuum Shift (Noel)
#12XCrimsonSamuraiPosted 3/17/2013 5:44:53 PM
Ericxc posted...
If tri got a 8.8

and this got an 8.8

Does that mean there was no improvement from Tri to Ultimate?

Or did some areas get worse, while others get better, making the score the same?

>_> It's a review score.

The score doesn't illustrate the exact improvements made on a game compared to it's predecessor.

Every single aspect of MH3U points to a sign that says "Better than Tri". 8.8 is about as far as the score for this series will go, and honestly, it's pretty generous, since A) the graphics will always evolve very slowly and probably won't look anything like say, Dragon's Dogma for two more generations and B) it will never fully hold the hands of all the whiners by giving the game lightning fast combat with full lock on.

Asking for a 9.5 or a 10 is just ridiculous.
---
PSN and NNID: CrimsonSamuraiX
#13SonGlennPosted 3/17/2013 5:45:40 PM
@Ericxc

What is means is that the game has managed to retain its appeal in the upgrade. So accounting for advances in game design since then, this game managed to be considered as highly. If they reviewed just Tri now, it'd probably have a lower score than it did the first time.
---
3DS: 5257-8787-1969 "Jackgar" Nintendo ID: Jackgar
PSN: JackgarPrime
#14gnerdusPosted 3/17/2013 5:55:59 PM
Nintendo Life review: http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/wiiu/monster_hunter_3_ultimate

They gave it a 9/10
#15vital_tundraPosted 3/17/2013 5:56:15 PM
8.8 is a great score no matter how you look at it.
---
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.
#16JirynPosted 3/17/2013 6:07:52 PM
SonGlenn posted...
Hahaha, oh wow, it's literally an 8.8

That's hilarious.

But I'm glad to hear that I didn't waste my money. And that they got a reviewer who understands the appeal of these games. Although they sound like they're 14...

How is an 8.8 wasting your money?
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
#17EricxcPosted 3/17/2013 6:28:30 PM
Marblesbunbun posted...
SonGlenn posted...

That's hilarious.

But I'm glad to hear that I didn't waste my money. And that they got a reviewer who understands the appeal of these games. Although they sound like they're 14...

Thats fine, don't need scrubs slowing down the online game anyways.
---
:3
#18SlaynPosted 3/17/2013 6:32:57 PM
Didn't score a 9.0.

Not buying.

GG.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#19GriznayfiznoxPosted 3/17/2013 6:36:13 PM
Ericxc posted...
Marblesbunbun posted...
SonGlenn posted...

That's hilarious.

Thats fine, don't need scrubs slowing down the online game anyways.

Believe he means he pre ordered it, & he's glad he didn't waste his money because it got a good score. :)
---
Always trying to make myself seem stronger....
I locked my own heart in a suit of armor and cried - Erza Scarlet
#20BeysusPosted 3/17/2013 6:49:27 PM
Monster Hunter deserves 9+ but 8.8 is a great score for mainstream noobs like IGN.