IGN Video Review is up

#21ILikesCheesePosted 3/17/2013 6:54:54 PM
Why does the reviewer sound like an 8 year old boy who is a long, long way from puberty?
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#22T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 3/17/2013 6:56:08 PM
ILikesCheese posted...
Why does the reviewer sound like an 8 year old boy who is a long, long way from puberty?

Because he's a she?
---
To err is human, but to really screw things up you need a computer!
NNID: CodenameGreyFox
#23vital_tundraPosted 3/17/2013 6:56:54 PM
Only problem with the review is that he seems to think there isn't a ton more content then in Tri.
---
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.
#24ILikesCheesePosted 3/17/2013 7:00:53 PM
T3H_1337_N1NJ4 posted...
ILikesCheese posted...

Because he's a she?

Sounds like a dude to me. Albeit a very little one.

:D
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#25SpideymasterPosted 3/17/2013 7:03:40 PM
vital_tundra posted...
Only problem with the review is that he seems to think there isn't a ton more content then in Tri.

Yeah, that's really my only legitimate problem with the review, as there are (technically) 3 times as many large monsters as there were in Tri, and there are 339 quests (Plus any DLC ones), not 200-something.

Not to mention the thousands of new weapons and armors...
---
"If you want a story line, go read a book. If you want graphics, watch a movie. If you want to have fun, play a game." MetaYoshi64
#26SocranPosted 3/17/2013 7:16:47 PM(edited)
Ericxc posted...
If tri got a 8.8

and this got an 8.8

Does that mean there was no improvement from Tri to Ultimate?

Or did some areas get worse, while others get better, making the score the same?

Games get an immediate reduction in score for not being new anymore. If this was literally the same game as Tri, it might get a 7, even a 6.5.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#27kaakuiPosted 3/17/2013 7:19:59 PM
The (female) reviewer only played about 50 or so hours, in a game that gives you hundreds of hours of content +grinding. I think she only scratched the surface on what the game will give her. After all, while she understands the type of game this is, I doubt she follows it like we do, which may be why she thinks there isn't much more content over Tri.

And 8.8 means the game holds up well compared to other games that are currently out on Wii U and competing systems. If you were to review Tri today, it wouldn't get the 8.8 it got years ago.
#28rawxfoxdogPosted 3/17/2013 7:20:06 PM
I'm a new player
---
Nintendo id: Rawxfoxdog
#29SlaynPosted 3/17/2013 7:45:06 PM
kaakui posted...
The (female) reviewer only played about 50 or so hours, in a game that gives you hundreds of hours of content +grinding. I think she only scratched the surface on what the game will give her. After all, while she understands the type of game this is, I doubt she follows it like we do, which may be why she thinks there isn't much more content over Tri.

And 8.8 means the game holds up well compared to other games that are currently out on Wii U and competing systems. If you were to review Tri today, it wouldn't get the 8.8 it got years ago.

So s/he is supposed to put in 300 hours before a review?

I honestly thought the review was near perfect.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#30SocranPosted 3/17/2013 7:56:36 PM
Alright, I watched the review, and she was clearly referring to the core gameplay mechanics when talking about things being the same as Tri. Of course, that's to be expected, but like I said in my previous post, points off for having been done before. There was never anything about there not being enough new content.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."