106-0612 error code?

#11sirfailalotPosted 3/19/2013 5:58:15 PM
Sharpsony32 posted...
When you say i plugged it directly into my modem, How? Im not seeing an ethernet port on my wii-u.

Ah, I'm using the wii ethernet adapter. No wireless router atm (Planning to buy my first soon.)
#12flanqerPosted 3/19/2013 6:23:24 PM
sirfailalot posted...
Kinda ridiculous how much trouble monster hunter games have with online. It's almost like capcom is incompetent.

It's nothing to do with Capcom. You'll find the same problem with other games that support online play too.

The problem is that Wi-Fi isn't perfect. Anything between your Wi-Fi router and your Wii (or laptop etc) can weaken the signal enough to cause connection problems. Walls, floors, heating ducts, metal shelves, metal furniture, etc. I've also heard that microwave ovens and cordless phones can interfere with Wi-Fi devices. On top of all that, I've found that my Wi-Fi router glitches once every couple of months, and to get it working again I have to turn it off for about 10 seconds.
#13AltruisPosted 3/19/2013 6:32:05 PM
I'm getting connection errors, mostly when trying to connect to Miiverse or my friends list. I saw that changing the router's channel might fix it, but I may try a reset first and unplugging, etc.
---
History: Atari, Coleco Vision, NES, GB, SNES, PS, N64, GBA, DC, PS2, Xbox, GC, PSP, 360, DS, Wii, PS3, Wii U, 3DS
#14Sharpsony32Posted 3/19/2013 6:32:49 PM
Blah this is so darn frustrating. Ive tried everything, resetting router, changing ip adress, dns, DMZ bloody everything. :( Just cant get into a game with other players. The internet works and whatnot just cant connect to a damn game.
---
3DS FC. 4210-4532-9138
Currently playing RE:Revelations,,RE:Mercs.MK7,Tales of the abyss.
#15sirfailalotPosted 3/19/2013 7:28:42 PM
flanqer posted...
sirfailalot posted...
Kinda ridiculous how much trouble monster hunter games have with online. It's almost like capcom is incompetent.

It's nothing to do with Capcom. You'll find the same problem with other games that support online play too.

The problem is that Wi-Fi isn't perfect. Anything between your Wi-Fi router and your Wii (or laptop etc) can weaken the signal enough to cause connection problems. Walls, floors, heating ducts, metal shelves, metal furniture, etc. I've also heard that microwave ovens and cordless phones can interfere with Wi-Fi devices. On top of all that, I've found that my Wi-Fi router glitches once every couple of months, and to get it working again I have to turn it off for about 10 seconds.

The problem here is I'm using an ethernet cable. And the same connection I use for..everything really. Seems the DMZ worked for me though.
#16XGaltPosted 3/19/2013 8:28:49 PM
So it's sounding like a port issue. Guess we'll have to find out what ports they like so we can setup some port forwarding on the router, and give our Wii U's a static IP.
---
"I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."
GT/PSN: GnuX
#17HykCraftPosted 3/20/2013 6:43:08 PM
This error happens if you have a moderate or strict NAT setting on your network.

Or...

This error happens if the host you are trying to join has a moderate or strict NAT setting on their network compared to yours (OPEN NAT setting).

For the BEST matchmaking sessions, the room host and everyone else should set their networks up for OPEN NAT settings.

Thank you.
---
www.twitch.tv/hykcraft
#18Ice_ShieldPosted 3/20/2013 8:23:02 PM
sirfailalot posted...

106-0612 is a Nintendo error code, not MH3U, so nice try.
---
SNES FAQ Completion Project
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000094-faq-contributors-general/60384415
#19OldDirtyCRPosted 3/20/2013 8:36:25 PM
sirfailalot posted...

strangely fitting username
---
Official husband of Skyla.