Playing for the first time.

#1wugeezyPosted 3/21/2013 7:18:11 PM
I picked this up on my trip abd just got home. I played the demo beforehand and was able to beat the bunny after a few tries and barely slayed that damn (but cool looking) shark dragon after mutiple times.

While I got the gist of the demo, how should I start the retail game? Should I play offline then try questing online? I know in the demo your equipment was already there for you.

I hope someone writes a begginers guide.

Thanks for any advice!
#2MSeaCreasyPosted 3/21/2013 7:22:18 PM
Yes play the offline quests, it'll teach you how to handle and care for yourself in the hunter world. Establish your farm offline, build some experience.
---
REALM OF DEBEBE PARTY ANIMAL
#3FamliarStrangerPosted 3/21/2013 7:25:47 PM(edited)
If you're confident in your skills and have a few friends, you could try jumping into online first, but I wouldn't really recommend it. In exchange of severely nerfing the early Village quests to make it easy for new players to start out, the first tier of online quests already throw you into tough monsters like Barroth, Rathian, and Gobul. I'd suggest at least building a few pieces of decent equipment offline before heading online.

A lot of quests in the offline village may seem boring (you may be asked to go fishing or something dumb like that), but you can actually skip most of them. There are only a few "Key" quests you need to complete in order to unlock the next tier. These are usually the ones that ask you to hunt large monsters, so just do those and you can keep on advancing.
---
Monster Hunter Tri- Name: Familiar ID:
Father of Desire Sensor
#4wugeezy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 7:24:58 PM
MSeaCreasy posted...
Yes play the offline quests, it'll teach you how to handle and care for yourself in the hunter world. Establish your farm offline, build some experience.

Ok cool. Is there a point in the game offline where I will have good enough stuff to jump online?
#5FamliarStrangerPosted 3/21/2013 7:25:18 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6DarkMarc009Posted 3/21/2013 7:26:31 PM
I would say to at least hunt the Lagiacrus offline first. By that time, you should know how to handle yourself in the world of Monster Hunter.
#7wugeezy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 7:28:30 PM
DarkMarc009 posted...
I would say to at least hunt the Lagiacrus offline first. By that time, you should know how to handle yourself in the world of Monster Hunter.

Awesome. thanks for the tips everyone.
#8shadowofomiocPosted 3/21/2013 7:50:57 PM
wugeezy posted...
MSeaCreasy posted...

Ok cool. Is there a point in the game offline where I will have good enough stuff to jump online?

Really the offline portion is about building up the town. That is the main point of it. You start by rebuilding the town, getting the guild lady to start handing you missions, rebuilding the farm and learn how to use the Rare Trader and sending out ships to gather rarer goods for you. It is all very helpful once you get the hang of it, and build it all up.

By Rank 3 in the town you should have a few Felines in your farm which will allow you to grow multiple shrooms or herbs or bugs or whatever. And you should also have multiple ships to send out to search for stuff for you. Rank 2 is when you start hunting larger prey, and by Rank 3 you should have the hang of it all.

I'd say Rank 3, and once you start upgrading your armor / weapons a bit you will be good to go for the online stuff. Of course, when your online you can simply search rooms or create your own room with HR Rank 2 title or something like that, to attempt to get people at your level to join up and play with you.
---
Politics is alot like Hockey. Noone cares until the Playoffs and then everyone is an expert.