Transfer Tool mini FAQ v1.0

#11Element_Pearl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 12:00:04 PMmessage detail
It's also one 3DS save per 3DS cartridge right? (Game saves are on the cartridge, if you didn't opt for the e-shop download).

Yes, that's why you need to always transfer from the 3DS to the Wii U first if you're sharing a 3DS cart.
---
Official Holy Dragon Nall of the First Generation.
#12MstptnPosted 3/22/2013 12:51:24 PMmessage detail
it tells me to delete the current save on the 3ds. I have no problem with doing that just i can't figure out how to delete it.
---
GT: Outlawnightmare
#13Ketchup799Posted 3/22/2013 1:27:44 PMmessage detail
Mstptn posted...
it tells me to delete the current save on the 3ds. I have no problem with doing that just i can't figure out how to delete it.

Look at my post. It explains it. Also in the manual of the game (with the game open, press home and then manual).
---
Currently playing: MH3U, KI:U., FF6
#14KevmightbegiantPosted 3/22/2013 1:52:17 PMmessage detail
Does initiating the transfer in either direction between Wii U and 3DS lock the save to a single Wii U NNID? I have a friend who's already started on my Wii U copy under my NNID and I've already started on my 3DS copy. Ideally, I'd like to make a separate ID for him and move the characters around using a temporary 3rd NNID. Basically, I want my NNID to be used for transferring my 3DS save when I want to play on the big screen, but keep his save in-tact on his own separate NNID. I would just try this myself when I get home tonight, but I don't want to have my own save locked to a different NNID.

Additionally, although I don't have a reason to do this, is it possible to duplicate a saved game using these transfers? If the Wii U allows you to play the save while it resides on a 3DS until it's overwritten, is anything keeping it from staying there indefinitely and being played by someone else as long as I don't overwrite it? Or will that somehow keep me from transferring my save to a Wii U for personal use? Did that make any sense at all?
#15z3linkPosted 3/22/2013 1:55:55 PMmessage detail
When I try to transfer my 3DS data to the Wii U, an error occurs and says "The save data on the Wii U does not match that of the Nintendo 3DS. If you transfer data, delete the data on the Wii U". I have never transferred my save data yet, so I have no idea what this means
#16Lord GrahfPosted 3/22/2013 7:51:13 PMmessage detail
How do I make the Kelbi bow?
---
Not changing this sig until Walter Mondale is elected president.
Currently Playing: Pepper II, Venture, Frogger
#17tastymacPosted 3/22/2013 11:32:31 PMmessage detail
Here's a question I haven't seen asked. Since you can only have 1 set of saves on the 3ds, what if I purchase the eshop version and the cart version? Can I then have 2 sets of saves? Would 2 carts be better?

We are going on a trip, and I will be sharing my 3ds with my son. We want access to both our characters. Should this work? My concern is that if the cart and eshop share some of the same stored dataon the sd card and cause conflict with the transfer tool.
#18ratatapaPosted 3/23/2013 5:05:23 AMmessage detail
z3link posted...
When I try to transfer my 3DS data to the Wii U, an error occurs and says "The save data on the Wii U does not match that of the Nintendo 3DS. If you transfer data, delete the data on the Wii U". I have never transferred my save data yet, so I have no idea what this means

I had that problem

If you transfer from WII U to 3ds and you reopen your WIIU save BEFORE transfering back from 3ds, it will corrupt your <Transfer>

So to be able to transfer back from 3ds to wii U you need to go in your WII U setting and delete the MH3 Data, and then you can transfer it back

TL:DR IF you transfer from WII U make sure you never touch your WII U MH3 save until you transfer it back from 3ds
#19KarsticlesPosted 3/23/2013 3:01:44 PMmessage detail
Requesting a sticky, but I have another request:
Would you write out a few example situations to make everything more clear? Numbered steps, preferably.
---
My Ultimate Dormammu Guide: http://tinyurl.com/6mr4lhv
My UMvC3 Team Building Guide: http://tinyurl.com/8x865ra
#20EspharianRagePosted 3/23/2013 4:07:11 PMmessage detail
Okay, so my friend has MH3U on his 3DS, and I have it on the Wii U, and since I would like for him to enjoy the game on the TV and I would play on his 3DS, the scenario would play as this...

3DS --> Wii U (ALT-NNID)

Then

Wii U (Main NNID) --> 3DS

and then to set things back just before he leave it would be...

3DS --> Wii U (Main NNID)

then

Wii U (ALT-NNID) --> 3DS

If I am correct that is how it should play out.
---
I'd rather have the heart wrenching truth, than a heart-warming lie.