Transfer Tool mini FAQ v1.0

#21Veggeta XPosted 3/23/2013 8:22:01 PMmessage detail
I think you were the originator of the supposed video of me dying to a R Ludroth?
---
I'm anti-elitist
Don't like it? Don't watch it. It's that simple
#22crystalsoulsPosted 3/25/2013 7:09:06 AMmessage detail
Does anyone know for sure if the data has to be transferred to the 3DS for a guildcard to be collected via streetpass? Some of my neighbors trigger streetpass occasionally and I don't want to be playing at home on my 3DS just in case I miss a card...

It would be nice if the streetpass information was held until you transer, but we all know things aren't often that clean...
---
3ds: 3050-8423-0484
#23Man1cmanMarioPosted 3/25/2013 7:11:03 AMmessage detail
So if my dad and I already have both a) separate NNIDs AND b) our own MH saves on our respective IDs, going under my options to delete all my data WILL NOT delete his data?
#24minakorocketPosted 3/26/2013 6:26:06 AMmessage detail
Bluh I feel like a moron. I did a search on the entire forum for multiple transfers and made a post after finding nothing. At least while waiting 10 seconds for a response I saw this and decided to investigate.

Thank you so much. I'm the very reason why everyone should examine stickies before even starting a search through the forum then posting.
---
My stream: http://www.twitch.tv/minakorocket/new (4:30pm Central)
JP 3DS: 3153-3889-6500 Currently streaming AC:NL :3 Mayor Minako of Maru-Q!
#25orangeumbreon23Posted 3/26/2013 10:12:14 AMmessage detail
So, i can keep both my 3DS file and WiiU file if i transfer from 3DS->WiiU? And then transfering from WiiU->3DS does both files?
---
XBL GT: JoeCool8524 P: 2493 3392 2616, JC6; D: 4468 0437 0563, Rex; Pt: 3695 5906 1566, Joe
#26GuerillaGorillaPosted 3/26/2013 4:54:04 PMmessage detail
I don't understand what's happening here. I'm trying to transfer from 3DS to Wii U. I mainly play on the 3DS, but I play on the Wii U occasionally. I've transferred before, but that was only once. Right now, when trying to tranfer from 3DS to Wii U, it says that the files do not match, adn that I need to delete the files on the Wii U first. Is that supposed to happen?

Sorry if it's been posted in the topic already.
---
NNID: GuerillaGorilla
3DS FC: 0748-1993-0631
#27Element_Pearl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 7:58:38 PMmessage detail
So if my dad and I already have both a) separate NNIDs AND b) our own MH saves on our respective IDs, going under my options to delete all my data WILL NOT delete his data?

Don't know, but I don't think it should.
So, i can keep both my 3DS file and WiiU file if i transfer from 3DS->WiiU? And then transfering from WiiU->3DS does both files?

No, when you transfer from the 3DS the file on the 3DS is deleted automatically. When you transfer from the Wii U to the 3DS, it locks the Wii U file and you shouldn't play it until you have transferred back, which leads me to...From: GuerillaGorilla | #026
I don't understand what's happening here. I'm trying to transfer from 3DS to Wii U. I mainly play on the 3DS, but I play on the Wii U occasionally. I've transferred before, but that was only once. Right now, when trying to tranfer from 3DS to Wii U, it says that the files do not match, adn that I need to delete the files on the Wii U first. Is that supposed to happen?

Sorry if it's been posted in the topic already.

If you play your Wii U file after it has been locked by transferring to the 3DS, BEFORE you transfer back to the 3DS, this is what happens. You have to delete one or the other before you can do any further transferring.
---
Official Holy Dragon Nall of the First Generation.
#28orangeumbreon23Posted 3/26/2013 9:01:17 PMmessage detail
Thanks for the info. I may just erase my 3DS file since i am much further on the WiiU file.
---
XBL GT: JoeCool8524 P: 2493 3392 2616, JC6; D: 4468 0437 0563, Rex; Pt: 3695 5906 1566, Joe
#29GuerillaGorillaPosted 3/26/2013 10:05:15 PMmessage detail
Element_Pearl posted...
If you play your Wii U file after it has been locked by transferring to the 3DS, BEFORE you transfer back to the 3DS, this is what happens. You have to delete one or the other before you can do any further transferring.

Oh. After I transferred it back from the Wii U the first time, I tried to access my char on the Wii U just to see what would happen. I didn't save it or anything though. Regardless, I deleted it and went on with my game.
---
NNID: GuerillaGorilla
3DS FC: 0748-1993-0631
#30flsomervPosted 3/28/2013 6:58:29 AMmessage detail
I've been considering getting a second Wii U to play this online with my wife. We've been doing local co-op with her on the Wii U and me on the 3DS. I've been using the transfer tool to move my save data to the 3DS when we co-op and then move it back when I want the TV. I hate the 3DS--too small and that's why I want a second Wii U.

My question is: Can I transfer my NNID from our first Wii U to the new one and then transfer my MH3U save data to the new Wii U via the 3DS?

I'm wondering if I'll get a data mismatch if I try to transfer from 3DS to a Wii U that doesn't have my locked char on it. I know that I can transfer the NNID to a new console, but I don't know about the MH3U save data.

Just curious, but what happens when you transfer a character created on the 3DS to a Wii U that doesn't have that character's locked data? At that time, the MH3U 3DS character is not associated with any NNID. If the Wii U account I am transferring too already has an NNID setup, will the MH3U save data use that NNID to go online?
---
"This isn't the anger of a vampire hunter,
This is the rage of all humanity!"