Transfer Tool mini FAQ v1.0

#31Element_Pearl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 12:12:07 PMmessage detail
I've been considering getting a second Wii U to play this online with my wife. We've been doing local co-op with her on the Wii U and me on the 3DS. I've been using the transfer tool to move my save data to the 3DS when we co-op and then move it back when I want the TV. I hate the 3DS--too small and that's why I want a second Wii U.

My question is: Can I transfer my NNID from our first Wii U to the new one and then transfer my MH3U save data to the new Wii U via the 3DS?

I'm wondering if I'll get a data mismatch if I try to transfer from 3DS to a Wii U that doesn't have my locked char on it. I know that I can transfer the NNID to a new console, but I don't know about the MH3U save data.

Just curious, but what happens when you transfer a character created on the 3DS to a Wii U that doesn't have that character's locked data? At that time, the MH3U 3DS character is not associated with any NNID. If the Wii U account I am transferring too already has an NNID setup, will the MH3U save data use that NNID to go online?

Unfortunately, I do not have an answer to this. If you have the same NNID, I don't know why it WOULDN'T work, but hey, if you try it, come back and let us know how it turned out.
---
Official Holy Dragon Nall of the First Generation.
#32ElectricDoodiePosted 4/3/2013 1:08:13 PMmessage detail
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#33tradablefoxPosted 4/6/2013 2:29:11 AMmessage detail
ok, sorry for sounding like a douche but want to go into this correctly before just jumping in.

i have a wii u save in slot 1. i want to transfer this to a 3ds. then my friend will be creating a new character on the wii u and then we'll be doing multi quest using my save on the 3ds.

after were finished i want to transfer my file back to the wiiu.

should i do all this on my own NNID or create a new one for my friend?
#34Element_Pearl(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 3:03:33 PMmessage detail
It's pretty clearly explained in the FAQ that you each need your own NNID.
---
#35mrhairyPosted 4/14/2013 10:51:23 PMmessage detail
Hi, i just have a question. When i was transferring my save data from my 3ds to wii u, after transfer there was a power cut and the wii u got turned off. when i was able to access the wii u again later that day none of my save file could be found =/ on the wii u or the 3ds. i am just wondering is there a way to recover my save file from the 3ds as my mhu 3ds version is downloaded so its saved on the sd card or do i have to start new again because would be really good if can recover.
#36mrhairyPosted 4/15/2013 1:57:08 AMmessage detail
mrhairy posted...
Hi, i just have a question. When i was transferring my save data from my 3ds to wii u, after transfer there was a power cut and the wii u got turned off. when i was able to access the wii u again later that day none of my save file could be found =/ on the wii u or the 3ds. i am just wondering is there a way to recover my save file from the 3ds as my mhu 3ds version is downloaded so its saved on the sd card or do i have to start new again because would be really good if can recover.

hey i just found that that the game transfer app backs up all ur files automatically. so i was manage to restore the save file back to the 3ds system :)
#37CaptainGordonPosted 4/15/2013 3:33:32 AMmessage detail(edited)
So my brother and I both have characters on the WiiU version, but they are both on the same profile.

We were thinking of getting a 3DS copy so we can do local multiplayer, but if Im reading this right, the transfer tool has to transfer all 3 character slots at once?

Well, that sucks :/
---
No one, not even a demon, can deny a man his Pizza Shack Teriyaki Pizza.
#38bulbinkingPosted 4/15/2013 9:01:48 AMmessage detail
Element_Pearl posted...
at this point, the data on the wii u becomes 'locked' and if you attempt to play that save game on the wii u without first transferring back from the 3ds, it will inform you that although you can play on the wii u with that data, any progress you make will be lost when you transfer your saves back

This is poorly worded. Are you saying if you have transferred data to the 3DS you CAN'T progress on your WiiU WITHOUT transferring the data back? Or are you saying what is obviously implied by the games mechanics that is you transfer data from the 3DS to the WiiU then it will overwrite your WiiU data with whatever you accomplished on the 3DS?
---
poker-over-killing.blogspot.com/2007/09/i-was-gamefaqs-moderator-for-5-yrs.html
NintendoID: Bulbinking (MH3U Charm Table 10 Master Race!)
#39Element_Pearl(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 11:15:06 AMmessage detail
...I can't believe you quoted something perfectly legible, said it was poorly worded, and then puked up that grammatical error.
---
#40Sardaukar138Posted 4/17/2013 2:59:37 AMmessage detail
It should also be known that the transfer tool can be used to make a reliable back-up of your game. When transferring from 3DS to Wii U (NOT the other way around), a copy of the save will be stored in the transfer tool installation on the 3DS SD card. This file is probably encrypted and tied to your 3DS, but you can still transfer that ownership should the need arise, as well as backup the contents of the SD card anyway. By doing this process of moving the file from the Wii U to the 3DS and back to the Wii U every few days, you can have some peace of mind unless you somehow lose both the console and the handheld simultaneously.
---
You've got to admire a society that can make more cheese, cheaper, by convincing people it's supposed to have holes. - Unknown