What's your favorite lie to tell about MH3U?

#1DGAFPolarPosted 3/22/2013 11:32:33 PM
Mine is when I tell myself

"I'll only play for an hour"

Such a lie......such a lie
#2DestructiveFezPosted 3/22/2013 11:36:25 PM
Considering this is my first Monster Hunter game and I am a pro gamer, my lie is telling myself I will master this game within an hour.

Been 3 days I still don't know how to get past the character customization screen.... HELP
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: pillow slobber
Nintendo ID: VFez
#3DestinystrikePosted 3/23/2013 12:15:06 AM
I got a few I like to tell myself.

"This isn't repetitive at all"

"These graphics are top notch."

"This is time well spent."

"The writing in this game is amazing."
---
"If Ubisoft and Angelsoft merged companies you'd get a free roll of toilet paper with every new Tom Clancy game" -Me
#4DuxrulePosted 3/23/2013 12:21:18 AM
"This Rathalos won't make you want to throw your controller, quit, pick up your PSP, and demolish low rank Raths on MHFU with your Khezu Thunder."

I hate how mobile he is now, and the fact that he just won't stay still anymore.
---
Optimus prime used "Rollout".
#5raimi_acePosted 3/23/2013 12:28:31 AM
Destinystrike posted...
I got a few I like to tell myself.

"This isn't repetitive at all"

"These graphics are top notch."

"This is time well spent."

"The writing in this game is amazing."

lol the writing is atrocious. I wish the people at Capcom would've told the girl who came up with all quest jokes that she wasn't funny and her jokes suck.

Chief's son is the only character I like who has a good sense of humor.
---
Wii U: Beard-Man
#6rocketman69Posted 3/23/2013 12:43:28 AM
That you got to kill the Dodobrango if you want to do 3 star quests.
---
I was pushing my buggy full of of pop when I ran into a Jagger bush.--- Guillermo55
#7selfdeztructionPosted 3/23/2013 3:51:27 AM
DGAFPolar posted...
Mine is when I tell myself

"I'll only play for an hour"

Such a lie......such a lie

I came here with the intent of posting what you did.

Earlier today I looked at the clock @ 2:45pm,said that I'll play until 6pm but I didn't stop until 11:15pm.
---
XBL/PSN (PS3&vita)/Wii-U/Skype-selfdeztruction
Wii FC(HaVoK) 6605 3315 8599 4345 3DSXL FC(HaVoK) 3780 9281 5652 I'm no fanboy,I'm a dirty whore.OKC gamer
#8TheSteelPhoenixPosted 3/23/2013 4:11:54 AM
I was on vacation when monster hunter tri came out. I bought it and was hooked so freaking bad. I basically woke up and played it all day and then slept, did this over and over. 5 days later I go to get on and it says I had 90 hours played. I remember going "Wow...". I came back later and kill the ancient dragon solo, then figured I had played the hell out of the game, and didn't pick it up after that.

Either way, something about monster hunter is crazy addicting. Probably because its an actually fun game, where the activity itself of playing is enjoyable.
---
lol
#9DragonswkapPosted 3/23/2013 4:55:51 AM
TheSteelPhoenix posted...
I was on vacation when monster hunter tri came out. I bought it and was hooked so freaking bad. I basically woke up and played it all day and then slept, did this over and over. 5 days later I go to get on and it says I had 90 hours played. I remember going "Wow...". I came back later and kill the ancient dragon solo, then figured I had played the hell out of the game, and didn't pick it up after that.

Either way, something about monster hunter is crazy addicting. Probably because its an actually fun game, where the activity itself of playing is enjoyable.

It's the "Oh just one more hunt" mentality.
---
Pokemon HeartGold FC: 3395 5826 5484 Name: Jack