How do I get the Lagiacrus Plate?

#1VirusChrisPosted 3/26/2013 8:02:21 AM
I've smashed its Horns, its Chest, and even severed its tail off and I can't seem to get this material even when I capture it.

I'm not sure if I break the Crystals on its back or not as it doesn't look like it even though I attack it constantly underwater or did they change it?

What's the drop rate of this material and what part do I need to break to get it? I just need one of them!
---
"Invoke... VIRUS SOUL!!!" ~ From my Virakins global manga project
Official Husband of Caster of the Fate/Extra boards
#2IronticsDragonLPosted 3/26/2013 8:04:01 AM
You just need to keep doing what you are doing. Lagiacrus Plates are rare, as in at least around a 10% chance with doing the above and getting its shiny drops.
---
Violence breeds Violence
PSN: bradeli Steam: IronticsDragonLord Gamertag: IronticsDragonL NNID: IronticsDragonL Pawn( PS3) Melissa MH3U(IronticsDL)
#3VirusChris(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 8:05:46 AM
IronticsDragonL posted...
You just need to keep doing what you are doing. Lagiacrus Plates are rare, as in at least around a 10% chance with doing the above and getting its shiny drops.

It's also a Shiny Drop?

I take it down so fast with my Brother Flames Dual Blades in between 5 - 10 minutes... kinda hard to make it drop it when I trash it a lot. ^_^;

Better keep at it then.
---
#4TicalCalrisianPosted 3/26/2013 8:06:37 AM
Approximately closer to 6% being the highest chance you'll get a plate, took me about 12 fights and 4 caps to finally get one...
---
Oh, don't mind me, I'm just watching the human detritus argue...
"By our blades, the hunters become the hunted..." NNID: TicalCalrisian
#5IronticsDragonLPosted 3/26/2013 8:07:53 AM
VirusChris posted...
IronticsDragonL posted...

It's also a Shiny Drop?

I take it down so fast with my Brother Flames Dual Blades in between 5 - 10 minutes... kinda hard to make it drop it when I trash it a lot. ^_^;

Better keep at it then.

Yep, it's a 2% chance of getting a plate from a shiny drop. If it is available, High-Rank Lagiacrus has an increased plate drop rate.
---
Violence breeds Violence
PSN: bradeli Steam: IronticsDragonLord Gamertag: IronticsDragonL NNID: IronticsDragonL Pawn( PS3) Melissa MH3U(IronticsDL)
#6VirusChris(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 8:19:27 AM
Maybe I could do that High Rank Quest instead for the Plate, though I have to increase my HR first... I haven't done Online yet so it's still HR 0.

What level does my HR have to be to do the High Rank Quests?
---
#7IronticsDragonLPosted 3/26/2013 8:22:28 AM
VirusChris posted...
Maybe I could do that High Rank Quest instead for the Plate, though I have to increase my HR first... I haven't done Online yet so it's still HR 0.

What level does my HR have to be to do the High Rank Quests?

HR 3 is the minimum, but Lagiacrus requires HR 5, although the village now has High-Rank quests as well.
---
Violence breeds Violence
#8ssj4warriorPosted 3/26/2013 8:24:59 AM
If you're having Plate problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 Plates but you ain't getting 1.

Nah seriously, I got crazy lucky. My HR1 online urgent Lagi (first Lagi kill this game) gave 2 Plates in rewards. It was glorious. Don't worry though, you'll get plenty of Ruby drops later while I suffer for hours trying to get 1. That's how this game works.
---
Mentions of Cloyster - 453
Number of 56th posts stolen - 138
#9hourofcrisisPosted 3/26/2013 8:27:11 AM
Just keeping cutting the tail and breaking the horns. 30 Lagi later I finally got my first plate, probably karma for getting a Los plate on my first tail carve.