Strange Beak?

#1Chaos StrykerPosted 3/29/2013 12:03:03 PM
I'm assuming it's a Qurupeco carve (or a reward for breaking it's beak), but I've been unable to get one so far.

Is it just one of those really rare materials?
---
Don't believe in yourself, believe in me! Believe in the Chaos who believes in you!
Please don't say you are lazy. The fact is, I'm really crazy.
#2Number43Posted 3/29/2013 12:05:06 PM
It is a low chance carve or slightly better chance capture reward, but you are much more likely to get it for breaking his beak.
#3LioleiaPosted 3/29/2013 12:08:08 PM
You have a 75% chance of getting it if you break it, a 2% chance to carve it, and a 5% chance if you capture it. Sometimes you're just unlucky in getting stuff.
---
lee-oh-leh-ee-ah.
It is perfectly okay to write garbage--as long as you edit brilliantly. --Carolyn Janice Cherryh
#4SpookygrampaPosted 3/29/2013 12:09:36 PM
Try smacking his beak everytime he falls down. I was having the same problems thinking that i hit him enough to break his beak, when really i didn't. I killed him like 15 times before i realized this, on a positive note though, atleast i'm rich because of my stupidity.
#5Chaos Stryker(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 12:15:53 PM
I guess I've just been unlucky then.

I'll keep smacking his beak then until I get the reward. Thanks, guys!
---
Don't believe in yourself, believe in me! Believe in the Chaos who believes in you!
Please don't say you are lazy. The fact is, I'm really crazy.
#6MorterPosted 4/2/2013 12:04:26 PM
Smacking as in with an impact weapon? With Hunting Horn do?
---
Merciful Buddha
Posts: 2x: 77; 3x: 9; 4x: 7; 5x: 5; *6x: 2; 7x/8x!: 1;**25X POST!**
#7CloudFZPosted 4/2/2013 12:06:14 PM
Morter posted...
Smacking as in with an impact weapon? With Hunting Horn do?

Absolutely anything will do. But yes, hunting horn has great reach on that thing.
---
NNID: DeadBird
#8BeckeragePosted 4/2/2013 12:13:55 PM
i get one every time I fight it if i break his beak. Make sure its actually broken,

It has a very noticable crack in it when it is broken.
#9MstptnPosted 4/2/2013 12:17:00 PM
Beckerage posted...
i get one every time I fight it if i break his beak. Make sure its actually broken,

Not to mention it flops around all over his face when broken.
---
GT: Outlawnightmare
#10MettanAtemPosted 4/2/2013 12:26:25 PM
Mstptn posted...
Beckerage posted...

Not to mention it flops around all over his face when broken.

Typically it's easy to notice when you've broken something even if you did so accidentally, seeing as the boss recoils from it.