So the kelbi bow is OP/broken :( Watch video

#41JaycejaPosted 3/31/2013 4:57:33 AM
defacto00 posted...
Why brag about there being hundreds of weapons in the game when only 1 tree is viable?

you clearly dont know what viable means

i agree that the game should still be balanced even without pvp, but the kelbi bow being overpowered doesnt make anything else less viable unless those weapons were being put up against the kelbi bow, which they never are
#42AzamothPosted 3/31/2013 7:25:25 AM
Kinda like head locking in the first MH. Or adrenaline + Heroics + Akantor Bow. Or Ala/Jho weapons.

One thing is GOING to be better than the others. Complaining about it is silly, especially when everything else is still perfectly fine. Nothing is forcing you into only using slime. Other weapons can still kill whatever you are fighting. And in a group of four you're going to be getting pretty quick times anyway so why worry about it?
#43DragonswkapPosted 3/31/2013 7:37:12 AM
Oh I'm sorry, I thought the purpose of the game was to get the most powerful weapons and kill things quickly...

I see nothing wrong with this bow. It's powerful. Get over it. But hey if you wanna take a longer time to kill monsters than go for it! And if that's the case, if you see someone using it, you can leave the game.
---
Pokemon HeartGold FC: 3395 5826 5484 Name: Jack
#44OldDirtyCRPosted 3/31/2013 7:42:24 AM(edited)
Don't play with people that want to 4 man slime bow. Problem solved. If you dont' want to play the game that way, don't. I wouldn't mind a patch, but /shrug.

People need to realize that pretty much every MH has broken stuff end game. MH1 had headlocks with the lance where you could sit there and poke the head without much trouble and the wyvern would continually stagger and let you kill it. Headlocking was easy and simply required a decent lance. It trivialized many bosses. It could be done SOLO.

Headlock has been toned down since the ps2 version. It's probably safe to assume that Capcom will at the very least tone it down in mh4 as they did headlocking.

I doubt Capcom wants to mess with mh3u like that at this point. They could very well make a patch, but it would've been done by now. They are probably simply not wanting to unintentionally make it worse and focusing strictly on mh4.

Why brag about there being hundreds of weapons in the game when only 1 tree is viable?

You completely misuse that word. There are near a dozen viable end weapons for each weapon type in end game. Just because one is OP does not make the others worthless. They are still great against monsters and can still kill monsters fast.
---
Official husband of Skyla.
#45CountBrassPosted 3/31/2013 9:43:01 AM
Krazoa2 posted...
Or people could just get over it.
Yeah, let's get a game patched where people can only fight AI-controlled enemies. That serves a purpose.

Nothing to add - sums everything up right here.
---
Gamertag - Le Count
I'll balitoe before I krayble
#46Krazoa2Posted 3/31/2013 11:32:18 AM
Jayceja posted...
you clearly dont know what viable means

This apparently is a common thing on Gamefaqs. Even when presenting the true definition of the word, they still can never get a grasp on what it actually means.
---
I don't even read -YouStillHateMe
#47ShakeNBakeUKPosted 3/31/2013 11:46:03 AM
Step 1) Create your own room.
Step 2) Kick anyone who insists on using Kelbi Bow.
Step 3) ???
Step 4) Enjoy the game.

I don't really see the problem here.

Also, if you don't like slime weapons, just make a room and label it "NO SLIME"......?

It's really not that big a deal. :S
---
MH3U (WiiU) NNID: ShakeNBakeUK (EU Server)
Online: HR4 | Offline: Moga Village 6*
#48Pieke OkataPosted 3/31/2013 2:37:54 PM
But I want to clear in a faster manner, and at least in the older MHs that would mean variety in weapons.

Sleep Bombing.

There is ALWAYS a most effective farming strat/setup that, in general, isn't very interesting. Slime sure isn't any worse than Sleep Bombing.
---
I dont trust any of the tastes of people who were born with such good taste that they didnt need to find their way through trash.
#49popliyoPosted 3/31/2013 2:42:00 PM
Pieke Okata posted...
But I want to clear in a faster manner, and at least in the older MHs that would mean variety in weapons.

Sleep Bombing.

There is ALWAYS a most effective farming strat/setup that, in general, isn't very interesting. Slime sure isn't any worse than Sleep Bombing.

.....*slowclap*

/topic.
---
trolls are stupid people who have tricked themselves into thinking that merely pretending to be an idiot is different from actually being an idiot. -Detsuaxhe
#50ProfessorbagPosted 3/31/2013 3:01:00 PM
wow!