Which do you think would be faster for gaining resources?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  3. Which do you think would be faster for gaining resources?

User Info: Ice_Shield

Ice_Shield
3 years ago#1
I can kill the royal ludroth quest in about 5-7 minutes in order to get the sponges for 1000p. But, I can go into the woods and easily kill a G Jaggi, Qurupeco and Royal Ludroth in minutes as well. Do you think it would be better to quest for the sponges and hope for a couple sponges or do free hunt? And, does breaking his frill... gills... whatever on his face increase the drop rate?
SNES FAQ Completion Project
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000094-faq-contributors-general/60384415

User Info: Rainey-kins

Rainey-kins
3 years ago#2
Breaking his Mane gives you a 25% chance to snag another in quest rewards.

However, fighting in Moga Woods gives you some trade-goods, so... I dunno, whatever you'd like to do. :T
Royal Rose

User Info: GuerillaGorilla

GuerillaGorilla
3 years ago#3
Yes, breaking his mane increase gives a break reward. There are other things to convert to resources that are easier to get now. Gobul whiskers ho for 1500 each, and you could get a few per run. Nit that rare compared to quality sponges either.

Lava nuggets go for 1500 too and you can get a bunch. You can get 4 at once in a slot in the rewarda from Agnaktor or something. I got 8 last time I fought it.
NNID: GuerillaGorilla
3DS FC: 0748-1993-0631

Rainey-kins
3 years ago#4
GuerillaGorilla posted...
Yes, breaking his mane increase gives a break reward. There are other things to convert to resources that are easier to get now. Gobul whiskers ho for 1500 each, and you could get a few per run. Nit that rare compared to quality sponges either.

Lava nuggets go for 1500 too and you can get a bunch. You can get 4 at once in a slot in the rewarda from Agnaktor or something. I got 8 last time I fought it.

This only applies after you beat the Ceadeus, so don't get his hopes up so soon.
Royal Rose

Ice_Shield
3 years ago#5
I'm on 7* quests.

Rainey-kins
3 years ago#6
Ice_Shield posted...
I'm on 7* quests.

Pffft, then just farm a few Royal Lu's in a quest, low rank. Earn some money from it, too. Sell any mats that go over 20 or so...
Royal Rose

Ice_Shield
3 years ago#7

I had a couple of those but I had no idea where they came from. Thanks!

User Info: Munchie906

Munchie906
3 years ago#8
keeping my fleet going with fis finders has always been my best method...

User Info: Element_Pearl

Element_Pearl
3 years ago#9

This only applies after you beat the Ceadeus, so don't get his hopes up so soon.

I traded in Lava Nuggets prior to fighting Ceadeus. You can get them from Uragaan as well as Agnaktor.
Official Holy Dragon Nall of the First Generation.

User Info: ShakeNBakeUK

ShakeNBakeUK
3 years ago#10
HR3 -> Double Ludroth Quest = easiest Quality Sponges you will ever get.
MH3U (WiiU) NNID: ShakeNBakeUK (EU Server)
Online: HR4 | Offline: Moga Village 6*
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  3. Which do you think would be faster for gaining resources?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived