Nargacuga hidden weapons

#1SKStylezPosted 4/2/2013 1:30:02 AM
Anyone feel these are extremely weak? Why does Capcom always gimp affinity weapons?
#2AntiReligionistPosted 4/2/2013 2:51:10 AM(edited)
The only thing Narga weapons have going for them is that they have great sharpness without Sharpness +1, but I dunno if any Weapon before Megrez's Asterizm (or something like that) is really that useful, but that's because I simply have only really looked at the final weapon.

Also the hidden blade aspect is quite nice in Narga weapons or at least the Long Sword, when you fill your spirit gauge the sword gets another blade and I find the weapon as it's two bladed form quite unique in design. Too bad it doesn't have any game play value.
---
Never again will I bend to Xbox's will.
#3Pang TongPosted 4/2/2013 5:00:31 AM
I made a Hidden Breaker, and upgraded it to +.

I use it when I find my elemental weapons not up to snuff, and it has been brutal. It may just be the fact that it is a hammer, but the 20% Affinity and white sharpness usually results in more stuns and knockouts; may also be it is just more noticeable in conjunction with Critical Eye 3.
---
PSN & NNID: Random_Name_63
#4TentoMh3uPosted 4/2/2013 6:14:51 AM
I dun have the set yet but have you tried running with the Expert skill. iy bumps up the affinity by alot. i usually run with gobul and have about 30-40 percent affinity....=p
#5TicalCalrisianPosted 4/2/2013 6:18:04 AM
The high afinity and sharpness can be a boon in high raw weapon classes, like hammer and GS, the narga weapons shine a lot less in weapons that usually count on element to boost DPS, like LS, DS, Lance, and SnS, still good weapons, but not as powerful as others in those classes...
---
It's better to be thought an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt...
"By our blades, the hunters become the hunted..."
#6teknic1200Posted 4/2/2013 6:36:32 AM
the narga weapons were the first blue sharpness weapons I could forge.
---
Today is the Tomorrow you were promised Yesterday
#7BurningLancePosted 4/2/2013 2:00:38 PM
i love the Nargacuga weapons specially at final form.

man 50% affinity is nice and with critical eye gives em 80% affinity ^_^.

cant wait to reach hr5 to get its materials then to G rank for the rest ^_^ (atm hr3)
---
3DS FC: 1355-7222-3011 ...PSN: BurningLance_2 -- NNID: BurningLance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNrXMOSkBas
#8vital_tundraPosted 4/2/2013 2:04:35 PM
It's pretty great with GS H and the like do to sharpness and affinity. Add Zinogre sharpness + and you are great!
---
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.
#9vital_tundraPosted 4/2/2013 2:06:24 PM
BurningLance posted...
i love the Nargacuga weapons specially at final form.

man 50% affinity is nice and with critical eye gives em 80% affinity ^_^.

cant wait to reach hr5 to get its materials then to G rank for the rest ^_^ (atm hr3)

You can farm the new Event Quest to get a Narga weapon.
---
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.
#10gunstepperPosted 4/2/2013 5:08:30 PM
Remember that sharpness gives a decent boost to damage outside of the raw value, and not bouncing can be pretty important. Not having to get Sharpness+1 gives a lot more flexibility with armor.

Also, critical eye is actually less beneficial for weapons with low raw (which typically have high affinity). Attack up, on the other hand, benefits low raw weapons more.