Can someone show me a video of

#1rossguy123Posted 4/3/2013 10:19:13 PM
a decent Long Sword player in a G Ranked quest?

I was just in a room with 3 Long Sword users. I, deciding to test out the long sword in G Ranked once again, decided to equip my Long Sword as well. We was questing a Black Diablos. We got bodied to no end, and it was difficult for any of us to charge up our long sword, unless we caught him in a trap or something.
We ended up losing because of the time.

I then equipped my Switch Axe and another player took out a hammer for next match...... the other 2 still continued using Long Sword.
It was a much quicker match with the Hammer player knocking the monster down, giving the long sword players a chance to get their weapon charged up, and my switch axe doing tons of damage as well.

Long Sword is not that easy to use in the higher quests, ..yet again I say this.
---
Nova, Raccoon, Strider//// Shuma, MODOK, Sentinel
#2SKStylezPosted 4/3/2013 10:26:24 PM
cuz LS can no longer spam R. People may still badmouth it but the changes made the weapon take skill
#3rossguy123(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 10:44:14 PM
That's why I keep mentioning Long Sword being hard to use. People keep saying that it's the easiest class in the game, yet I'm not seeing it.
It was easy from HR 0-5, but right soon as G Rank arrived, it wasn't the same.

Heck, I even see Gunlance players do awesomely in G ranked. but not Long Sword.

Hopefullyl one day a long sword player will prove me wrong, but right now, I'm not seeing anything good coming from the long sword.
---
#4HalecticPosted 4/3/2013 10:45:17 PM
LS is easy to use but very diffiicult to master
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#5rossguy123(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 10:49:25 PM
Halectic posted...
LS is easy to use but very diffiicult to master

That's a good, and simple way to put it.
---
#6PetphotPosted 4/3/2013 11:36:03 PM
In G rank master the X --> X+A (while holding left or right) combo, it allows your to get some quick damage in, and nimbly spring aside to dodge damage.
---
Apparently OP for his entire argument does in fact put his fingers in his ears and go "LALALALA" the entire thread. Fascinating.
#7Element_PearlPosted 4/3/2013 11:37:59 PM
lol at someone saying LS is hard to master.
---
Official Holy Dragon Nall of the First Generation.
#8PetphotPosted 4/3/2013 11:48:27 PM
Element_Pearl posted...

Yeah, its not hard to master.

It's more like nobody tries to use it the way its supposed to be used, they focus too much on the spirit combo as the main component of the weapon, when spirit combo is simply a nice bonus, not the sole purpose of the weapon.

All the really good LS users ive seen (thats right, all 2 of them) only use spirit combo when the monster is downed/trapped, and take time to reposition themselves on a part of the monster where nobody is before starting their spirit combo. Of course they are also very good at using the weapon itself.
---
Apparently OP for his entire argument does in fact put his fingers in his ears and go "LALALALA" the entire thread. Fascinating.
#9rossguy123(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 1:54:20 AM(edited)
Petphot posted...
Element_Pearl posted...

Yeah, its not hard to master.

It's more like nobody tries to use it the way its supposed to be used, they focus too much on the spirit combo as the main component of the weapon, when spirit combo is simply a nice bonus, not the sole purpose of the weapon.

All the really good LS users ive seen (thats right, all 2 of them) only use spirit combo when the monster is downed/trapped, and take time to reposition themselves on a part of the monster where nobody is before starting their spirit combo. Of course they are also very good at using the weapon itself.

Ah I see now. That comes in handy. X + A is a good combo ender to keep me from getting bodied. Although I only use that Spirit thing when the monster is stunned etc.
---