This is my personal favourite game in YEARS.

#1JimdbPosted 4/4/2013 12:56:37 AM
So I'm an avid gamer, but I work 12 hours a day on average.

So I usually just play a game till campaign/story mode ends and that's it.

Halo/CoD/Generic FPS? I play for about 2 months online, on and off, and get bored.

Some games I don't even finsih, even if I like them, because they feel... IDK, like they add length in an artificial way, soemthing like farming for gear here, though farming is actually fun, since no battle is usually the same, even if it is against the same monster.

I'm 70 hours into this game. I think I haven't put so much time into any gane since I was in High School, which is like 6 years ago.

I tried to play MH when I had my PSP, don't remember which one it was, and It was so hard to start that it turned me away from the game. I had a couple of friends playing and having an awesome time and they rushed me through part of the game so I could get cool gear and play with them, but since they rushed me, I did not learn to play propperly.

I didn't know what things I needed to farm, where was everything, monster patterns, how to use the weapons well, how to and when to dodge and attack... etc... So when I was playing alone, it sucked (I sucked) .

This game I got it because why the heck not? I had my Wii U collecting dust since Xmas, when I pretty much beat NSMBU 100%, Zombi U and Arkham City.

I thought I was going to leave this game pretty soon since I had a bad experience with the last attempt I made, but Oh boy... starting was hard... but then I killed a Great Jaggi and said.. well, this dude sucks, it's small and not epic at all like the video...

Then... The monsters started growing, as did my interest...

Here I am 70 Hours later in G Rank.

I can't see it ending soon either. I want to see Jhen Moran, Alatreon, Miralis... Silver Los, Golden Ian... etc...

Best investment in entertainment I've made in YEAAAARS.

TL:DR: Noobs, don't let the difficult beginnings of this game sway you away from pushing forward. Buckle up and play on, there will be a point where you will feel an INMENSE satisfaction with this game.

Each new weapon forged, each new armor made, each new monster slain, even if it's the same species, feels extremely rewarding.

Lots of fun to be had.

And if You are on the fence and don't know if you want to buy this game or not... go buy it, seriously, thank me later.

I stopped playing Bioshock Infinite because of this...

/blogfaqs lol.
---
You want bugs go play Lost Planet. This is war boy, no bugs or liberals allowed.
-Nick_GF
#2SKStylezPosted 4/4/2013 1:07:42 AM
Yup, Tri did the same for me. Now you see why people say this series is so under the radar... Tri single handedly restored my faith and love for gaming.
I have been thoroughly enjoying each day since MHU released, and I don't see that ending any time soon
#3VeluxierPosted 4/4/2013 1:29:03 AM
Too bad gamers these days want instant gratification.

MH doesnt do that :/
---
Now Playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.
NNID: Veluxier. MH3U Name: Reixulev. HR: 5. EU
#4MmaguyPosted 4/4/2013 1:50:45 AM
Veluxier posted...

What is wrong with instant gratification in regards to participating in entertainment? Video games at their core are there for entertainment purposes, and realistically if you are looking for entertainment (books, movies, music, games), you want something simple and easy that doesn't take too much effort, isn't frustrating, and that you can sit back and relax. it's lazy couch entertainment for a reason, this isn't a sport.

Anywho, I agree with the OP, it becomes fairly addicting as time goes on and if you know what you are getting into when purchasing it, try to stick it out until at least the G. Jaggi, so that you get a better sense of what it's all about.
#5Jimdb(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 1:58:43 AM
Mmaguy posted...
Veluxier posted...

What is wrong with instant gratification in regards to participating in entertainment? Video games at their core are there for entertainment purposes, and realistically if you are looking for entertainment (books, movies, music, games), you want something simple and easy that doesn't take too much effort, isn't frustrating, and that you can sit back and relax. it's lazy couch entertainment for a reason, this isn't a sport.

Anywho, I agree with the OP, it becomes fairly addicting as time goes on and if you know what you are getting into when purchasing it, try to stick it out until at least the G. Jaggi, so that you get a better sense of what it's all about.

I completely agree with you about your entertainment and instant gratification statement.

This is an economic and personal investment, in the sense that it takes some more time to REALLY be fun. It's a fact that starting this game is somewhat hard.
---
You want bugs go play Lost Planet. This is war boy, no bugs or liberals allowed.
-Nick_GF