Tips for raising Chum-Chum level?

#1muffinmasherPosted 4/4/2013 5:51:44 AM
I'm making those dual swords with the chum-chum tickets, and I'm wondering if there's any easy way to level it up faster to get the tickets.
I've been questing with them but it hasn't seemed to go up at all.
---
Black 2 FC: 3654 8353 8201
"Barkley: Shut up and jam! Gaiden" Is the best RPG of all time.
#2nessonett106Posted 4/4/2013 5:58:33 AM
I may have imagined it but i found the bar would jump up a bit whenever i cleared an urgent or fought a new monster while unlocking the offline content. Also talk to the cat in the south end of the port as it sometimes gives you some.
---
MH3 + MH3U Name: Marty . . . . EU servers . . . .
#3lyrickPosted 4/4/2013 6:12:14 AM(edited)
I found it helpful in LR offline to give each one a ration, then take the last one yourself. Wyvern meat has to be eaten by someone as well. I think there's a food skill that help them level too.
---
Intel i5-2500k || CM 212+ || P8P67 Pro || HD6870 || Win7 x64 Pro/Ubuntu 12.04 || CM HAF 912
#4DjSleepyDPosted 4/4/2013 6:17:09 AM
lyrick posted...
I found it helpful in LR offline to give each one a ration, then take the last one yourself. Wyvern meat has to be eaten by someone as well. I think there's a food skill that help them level too.

the food skill is felyne trainer i do believe.
---
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and frankly I'm not sure about the universe" - Albert Einstein NNID-Gutler MH3U:Kyrin
#5MoxRavagerPosted 4/4/2013 7:16:36 AM
Felyne Trainer makes it go like 5+ times faster.
---
Please do not post a picture of your fecal matter. ~AverageAverage
#6involutionPosted 4/4/2013 9:21:36 AM
I barely got into level 2 and I noticed that farming Lagiacrus + felyne trainer has made the gauge go up much faster (after at most three or four kills it already seems to be up a quarter or so). It also got me quickly to level 30 and almost max valor with the minions. So it probably depends on the "star value" of the monster, too. The trek to the first level up seemed to never end, in comparison.
#7ssbmrocksPosted 4/4/2013 9:24:47 AM
nessonett106 posted...
I may have imagined it but i found the bar would jump up a bit whenever i cleared an urgent or fought a new monster while unlocking the offline content. Also talk to the cat in the south end of the port as it sometimes gives you some.

Wait, are there other ways to get Chum-Chum tickets other than that cat? Mine have max Chum-Chum level and the only tickets I get are the occasional ones from that cat in the port.
---
Them ain't your funyuns, them's Foxxy's funyuns.