Friends quitting because the online is so bad

#1thebestestbestPosted 4/4/2013 6:27:49 AM
"I don't want to wait 2 hours to find people to do my key quests to reach g rank"

Awesome job with the online, capcom -_-
#2scary ghost manPosted 4/4/2013 6:29:05 AM
Wait two hours? Lol wut?

I've had little to no problem with online
---
Mark Sanchez is such a bust that his new nickname should be Money Shotchez
#3Lord_ValkirePosted 4/4/2013 6:29:09 AM
K
---
Wii would like U to play
#4Mad_MerikPosted 4/4/2013 6:30:15 AM
Then do them yourself, that's what I do.
---
Monster Hunter I.D. - Ravenous, all versions - UK Hunter -
The Kitty Cart Express - The only way to travel.
#5thebestestbest(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 6:30:17 AM
scary ghost man posted...
Wait two hours? Lol wut?

I very much doubt that.

Even if you find a 3/4 room doing the quests you want, which takes way longer than it should, the chances are very high that they are already doing a quest, which means you have to wait even longer.
#6teknic1200Posted 4/4/2013 6:35:10 AM
thebestestbest posted...
Wait two hours? Lol wut?

I very much doubt that.

Even if you find a 3/4 room doing the quests you want, which takes way longer than it should, the chances are very high that they are already doing a quest, which means you have to wait even longer.

You can see if they are off on a quest before you join the room. If you are waiting like this you are doing it wrong,

for key quests just find people farming that monster. I've not had any trouble at all and I just hit g rank last night.

if you can't find rooms and it takes more than 10 minuets someone is doing it wrong,

there's typically 3000 online at any given moment.
---
Today is the Tomorrow you were promised Yesterday
#7thebestestbest(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 6:40:00 AM
teknic1200 posted...
thebestestbest posted...
Wait two hours? Lol wut?

I very much doubt that.

You can see if they are off on a quest before you join the room. If you are waiting like this you are doing it wrong,

for key quests just find people farming that monster. I've not had any trouble at all and I just hit g rank last night.

if you can't find rooms and it takes more than 10 minuets someone is doing it wrong,

there's typically 3000 online at any given moment.

"Alright, let's see who's farming black diablos"
"hmmm, only one room, and it's 4/4"
"Let's look for people doing key quests!"
"95% of the rooms are full, I'll try this 2/4 one"
"Oh, they are working there way through and won't get to where I am for another 3 quests, I'll tough it out"
3 quests elapse
"Host: I gotta go now"

This is the average online experience I have when trying to search for rooms. I can't really blame my friends when this is the crap they have to put up with. It gets better when you reach g-rank because it's just everyone farming specific monsters, but it's awful to get there.

If I make my own, it can often take half an hour or more to have a room fill up.
#8MuintirPosted 4/4/2013 6:42:30 AM
while there are times you can find people right away there are other times I wait 20+ miutes in a room I created for others to join The problem isnt so much the online but the way the rooms are set up. They limit you to lobbies to 100 people and that can become a royal pain when the pobbies are full and 80 or so people are already in full rooms. Now add the fact that not everyone is looking to do the same exact quest as you and you can see where the problem lies.

Capcom should make the lobby limit 500-1000 and do everyone a favor
---
#9SuichimoPosted 4/4/2013 6:47:25 AM
Make your own room, indicate which urgent you're doing in the room name, and make the the target of the room the target of the mission. If no one shows up in 5-10 minutes, just take your friend and go.

Even with Goldbeard I had a group in less than 5 minutes. Hell, it's actually harder to find groups to farm with as you have to find a group that is fighting the correct monster, at the correct rank, and with a slot open.
---
Aries- The look on your face will be priceless when you find that forty pound watermelon in you colon. -Weird Al
#10MuintirPosted 4/4/2013 6:47:27 AM
also another problem lies with the host quitting and forcing everyone else to disconnect from the serve opposed to everyone staying in the room like in tri. Like last night for example, nearly and hour of sitting in 2 different rooms waiting for them to finish only for the host to quit after the quest was complete.
---