Is it just me or would the Toriko anime make a good MH clone.

#1AlphaXero87Posted 4/5/2013 5:23:26 AM
Would the Toriko anime make a good MH clone - Results (46 votes)
Yes!
30.43% (14 votes)
No, just god no.
32.61% (15 votes)
Maybe, if its done well enough.
28.26% (13 votes)
Other (please specify)
8.7% (4 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I was just sitting here and i know the idea is kinda stupid. But i was just thinking that a Toriko version of Monster Hunter would be awesome. Granted your wouldnt play as our favorite food hunter, but just watching that anime recently really reminded me of monster hunter. Am i the only one that thinks they could make an excellent MH clone by using the basic ideas of that anime. I know its a bit off topic i just couldn't resist.
---
PSN - AlphaXero87
#2Ansem_the_evilPosted 4/5/2013 6:44:22 AM
I think it would now im just waiting for hundreds of toriko hating posts to follow, cant understand how people can hate it
---
My 3DS FC: 1332-7692-1950
#3IronticsDragonLPosted 4/5/2013 6:47:55 AM
Never heard of Toriko.
---
Violence breeds Violence
PSN: bradeli Steam: IronticsDragonLord Gamertag: IronticsDragonL NNID: IronticsDragonL Pawn( PS3) Melissa MH3U(IronticsDL) US Servers
#4StafirPosted 4/5/2013 6:50:08 AM
Honestly i was watching the latest episode last night while I played MH. And I was thinking the exact same thing.

I mean I'd make it a little different. You probably would choose a 'class' and keep the same moveset throughout the entire game (instead of just switching weapons all the time). Either that or you have a group of hunters you can choose from (leveling each individually). But given the way the anime flows, yes I'd agree using the MH style of fighting for capturing ingredients in Toriko would work very well.

Actually why not do a bigger change up..and just make it a big open world..with hubs you can go to, to get quests.

At this point I break off into a multi paragraph post about how the game should play..I won't subject you to that..but imagine its here, yeah I've thought on this a bit

So...umm I already voted yes so..yeah.
---
Reviewer and news gaming sites are only credible if it proves the poster's point.
If it doesn't, then they're just biased trash. -- Savott on Troll logic.
#5DLOArceusPosted 4/5/2013 6:58:01 AM
If it's like the Fairy Tail games then yeah, sure.
---
What do i have to do to set the language to English? because my game is in Japanese - joetendo69
3DS: 4983-5126-3707
#6LionHeartSJTPosted 4/5/2013 7:32:33 AM
Someone PM me a youtube link to the Series im interested now
Wont be able to search myself as im at work and cant use any decent websites -_-;;
#7dexter1984Posted 4/5/2013 7:38:48 AM
Ansem_the_evil posted...
I think it would now im just waiting for hundreds of toriko hating posts to follow, cant understand how people can hate it

It's just plain ugly, simple as that. The main character and side kick is hideous.

http://i7.mangapanda.com/toriko/188/toriko-3325975.jpg
Main character is in orange, sidekick is the pipsqueak.

I don't understand why people are still reading this crap. It's just a bunch of people going around hunting exotic food. I stopped at 100+ chapters before I stopped.
The story is even more brain dead than a hentai moe anime FFS.

Toriko already has a PSP game and it sucked.
#8AlphaXero87(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 9:27:04 AM
dexter1984 posted...
Ansem_the_evil posted...

It's just plain ugly, simple as that. The main character and side kick is hideous.

http://i7.mangapanda.com/toriko/188/toriko-3325975.jpg
Main character is in orange, sidekick is the pipsqueak.

I don't understand why people are still reading this crap. It's just a bunch of people going around hunting exotic food. I stopped at 100+ chapters before I stopped.
The story is even more brain dead than a hentai moe anime FFS.

Toriko already has a PSP game and it sucked.

I think it looks just fine, yeah the main character is in an orange jumpsuit, and his sidekick being a 'pipsqueak' is really understandable if you read the story. i mean you get a guy who's been in a kitchen his whole life then put him next to a pro hunter. Yeah he'll look like a pipsqueak. >.>

Didnt know Toriko got a psp game though, wish i had gotten it when i had a psp still.

But anywho on topic i still think this would work great, i have to agree with the above poster that was talking about how there might be different hunters you could use or some sort of class system to make it appropriate to the world but i think the concept is really there.
---
PSN - AlphaXero87
#9MonkeymooXDPosted 4/5/2013 9:53:43 AM
Never heard of Toriko, but it's anime so no. The less of that, the better.
#10CoconutButterPosted 4/5/2013 9:57:13 AM
MonkeymooXD posted...
Never heard of Toriko, but it's anime so no. The less of that, the better.